Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.
For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I created an attribute called Specifications and then a new tab in product detail.
Can someone tell me how to pull that information into the tab area?
Here’s the code I’m using (which doesn’t work)
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to so we can send you a copy immediately.
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade Magento to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize Magento for your
* needs please refer to http://www.magentocommerce.com for more information.
* @category design_default
* @package Mage
* @copyright Copyright (c) 2008 Irubin Consulting Inc. DBA Varien (http://www.varien.com)
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
I’m not completely sure of the syntax as I’m not a PHP guy, I kind of got this dropped on me so I’m trying to work out the bugs.
Here’s what I have
<?php echo nl2br($this->getProduct()->getData(âspecificationsâ)) ?>
I get a “use of undefined constant error”
Thanks for your help.
Hi yes I think so, here’s the top line of the error message.
Notice: Use of undefined constant ï¿½specificationsï¿½ - assumed ‘ï¿½specificationsï¿½’ in /home/content/a/i/t/aitproducts/html/app/design/frontend/default/ait/template/catalog/product/view/specifications.phtml on line 34
well kind of..
It seems to have a big blank area then the content starts further down the page.
I also have a similar problem with applications tab as it shows the specifications below that, do you know how to fix that?
I know you are not tech support and everyone’s time is valuable so I really appreciate your help.