Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Missing Nav, Blank Category pages, and Fatal Error on product view page

lstewart

Total Posts:  4

I cleared the system cache and all of a sudden my top nav disappeared, and now when I go directly to the product category URLs they are blank.  There are products showing up on the Home Page, as it is coded to display a specific category, but when I click on that product I get the following error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function addToChildGroup() on a non-object in /home/bluntsco/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 654

I have seen other threads talking about edits to catalog.xml, but I have not been editing any files!  I was just in the back end configuration for payment options, etc.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Template fans
Guru

Total Posts:  446

Did you have any backup?

Magento Community
Magento Community

achadelle

Total Posts:  3

I have exactly the same problem!
It appears after having add a new sub-category in the backend and clear the cache
Did you found a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

achadelle

Total Posts:  3

I found a solution with this post : http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/v/viewthread/203729/P15/
Systax error in catalog.xml layout file.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community