Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Import/Export in 1.5 - Image / Multi-Line Category Issues [SOLVED]

tbradley22

Total Posts:  45

I just exported a few test products in 1.5 and saw that products in multiple categories have each category listed on a separate line in the CSV. I’m setting up a spreadsheet with 1500 products and this is going to be very tedious to list out each category in full text on a separate line.

Is there any way to get Magento to accept the old format of category ID’s separated by commas (i.e. 3,7,12,2), or any other workaround? Any idea why Magento would do this? Seems like it’s going to make the spreadsheets very cumbersome to build and manage.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

croneyr

Total Posts:  8

Any help would be appreciated.

So I\\\\\\\’m running v 1.5.1.

I\\\\\\\’m having a problem loading images in the image gallery with the import functionality.

If I load the images into the gallery manually in the product manager they load correctly and I can see them on the site.

The images are the media/catalog/product directory

I\\\\\\\’m loading them as

/1.jpg,/2.jpg,/3.jpg

I also tried it separated by semi colons
/1.jpg;/2.jpg;/3.jpg

i also resaved the file in notepad just to be sure.

every thing eles seems to be loading fine..

By the way. whats the difference between media_gallery and gallery columns???

(i\\\\\\\’ve tried to put my images in both of these cols with no luck.)

Thanks,
Ray.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Total Posts:  347
Spain

tbradley22 - 10 June 2011 05:33 PM

I just exported a few test products in 1.5 and saw that products in multiple categories have each category listed on a separate line in the CSV. I’m setting up a spreadsheet with 1500 products and this is going to be very tedious to list out each category in full text on a separate line.

Is there any way to get Magento to accept the old format of category ID’s separated by commas (i.e. 3,7,12,2), or any other workaround? Any idea why Magento would do this? Seems like it’s going to make the spreadsheets very cumbersome to build and manage.

Thanks in advance.

ops! post forgotten! smile

with AMartinez_CustomImportExport you can import category fields as: “CAT1,CAT2” or “CAT1/SUBCAT1,CAT2,CAT3”

what do you think?

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Total Posts:  347
Spain

croneyr - 05 July 2011 09:55 PM

Any help would be appreciated.

So I\\\\\\\’m running v 1.5.1.

I\\\\\\\’m having a problem loading images in the image gallery with the import functionality.

If I load the images into the gallery manually in the product manager they load correctly and I can see them on the site.

The images are the media/catalog/product directory

I\\\\\\\’m loading them as

/1.jpg,/2.jpg,/3.jpg

I also tried it separated by semi colons
/1.jpg;/2.jpg;/3.jpg

i also resaved the file in notepad just to be sure.

every thing eles seems to be loading fine..

By the way. whats the difference between media_gallery and gallery columns???

(i\\\\\\\’ve tried to put my images in both of these cols with no luck.)

Thanks,
Ray.

Hi,

With new .014 release you can import images and media galleries by using both methods: own one and magento (that shows in admin, etc etc)

You can read further instructions here.

I would appreciate your comments!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2