Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Setting up Featured Products

torm3nt

Total Posts:  4

I’m looking for a tutorial, or at least some direction on how I can setup featured products on the homepage? I’m having a LOT of difficulty with templating for magento. I look in the page.xml layout file, and a lot of it adds up, but some stuff just doesn’t seem to link to the appropriate areas, like core/text_list.etc.

Some explanations + direction would be fantastic for setting up featured products, cheers =)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

torm3nt

*bump*

Anyone? Surely someone has done something like this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

torm3nt

Does NOBODY know how to do this!?

I’m reaching breaking point here - the tutorials for magento IMO are one of the hardest to follow and simply DOES NOT cover enough to get a full understanding of how all the calls work. I wanted to give magento a go because from a user’s perspective, it’s quite nice to use - but if it’s going to take me this long in order to get any sort of help on any problem I have, then I’ll move back to a product with better support.

Can ANYONE help me with this problem!?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community