Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

AMartinez_CustomImportExport 1.5 extension: import/export/and more…! 

webmasterAC

Total Posts:  6

Hi Antonio and everybody.

I am probably wrong (I wish I would), but something in image importing does\’nt work....
Trying to import images. Like this

\"sku\",\"_store\",\"website\",\"_attribute_set\",\"_type\",\"image\",\"small_image\",\"thumbnail\",\"_media_image\",\"_media_attribute_id\",\"_media_label\",\"_media_position\",\"_media_is_disabled\",\"price\",\"description\",\"short_description\",\"weight\",\"tax_class_id\",\"status\",\"visibility\",\"name\",\"media_gallery\"
\"TESTSKU1\",\"admin\",\"base\",\"Default\",\"simple\",\"/avatar.jpg\",\"/avatar.jpg\",\"/avatar.jpg\",\"/avatar.jpg\",\"77\",\"0,1,2\",\"0,1,2\",\"0,0,0\",\"12\",\"description\",\"short\",\"18\",\"2\",\"1\",\"4\",\"test\",\"default\"

The only error I get is exception \’Exception\’ with message \’$_FILES array is empty\’

Today I debugged th import process and didn’t fine the place, where image import is done.
According to this post I looked for some connections to the file app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Catalog\\Model\\Convert\\Adapter\\Product.php, but did not succeed.

I’ve tried everything I guess (locally and on server with root rights) - permissions, placing imported image in media folder, also media/import etc.

The only result is, that data are stored in database, but no image affected.
Please help: any clue, debugging hint are HIGHLY appreciated.
Where the image import is done in source code?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

james1892

Total Posts:  25

Hi,
First of all greate extension nice work.

I have .jpg .png and .gif images that I need to import to the database my .jpg’s work fine.
Is it not possible to import the others?

If not is there anyway I can make it so that I can import .png’s and .gif’s

Thanks - James

Magento Community
Magento Community

james1892

Sorry I was wrong you can import both .pngs and .gifs.

I have a new problem thought, when the number of products im importing goes over about 6000 then I get a “TERMINATED” error in the command line,

Whats this mean?

Thanks - James

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bing Dicklepuss

Total Posts:  91

webmasterAC - 25 August 2011 02:30 AM

Hi Antonio and everybody.

I am probably wrong (I wish I would), but something in image importing does\’nt work....
Trying to import images. Like this

\"sku\",\"_store\",\"website\",\"_attribute_set\",\"_type\",\"image\",\"small_image\",\"thumbnail\",\"_media_image\",\"_media_attribute_id\",\"_media_label\",\"_media_position\",\"_media_is_disabled\",\"price\",\"description\",\"short_description\",\"weight\",\"tax_class_id\",\"status\",\"visibility\",\"name\",\"media_gallery\"
\"TESTSKU1\",\"admin\",\"base\",\"Default\",\"simple\",\"/avatar.jpg\",\"/avatar.jpg\",\"/avatar.jpg\",\"/avatar.jpg\",\"77\",\"0,1,2\",\"0,1,2\",\"0,0,0\",\"12\",\"description\",\"short\",\"18\",\"2\",\"1\",\"4\",\"test\",\"default\"

The only error I get is exception \’Exception\’ with message \’$_FILES array is empty\’

Today I debugged th import process and didn’t fine the place, where image import is done.
According to this post I looked for some connections to the file app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Catalog\\Model\\Convert\\Adapter\\Product.php, but did not succeed.

I’ve tried everything I guess (locally and on server with root rights) - permissions, placing imported image in media folder, also media/import etc.

The only result is, that data are stored in database, but no image affected.
Please help: any clue, debugging hint are HIGHLY appreciated.
Where the image import is done in source code?

Put images in media/catalog/product/ when using this import script.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cconway

Total Posts:  7

I’m trying to use your extension to import my products into a new version of Magento and I have a value of 2 in the column “Allow Gift Message”.  Now when I try to import one product, the extension comes across this value, sees that it doesn’t exist in the attributes and tries to create it.  It succeeds in creating it but it just keeps trying to create it till I manually end the import.  In the end I end up with 800 2’s in the “Allow Gift Message” attribute.  Does anyone know what would cause this?

Thanks,
Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

james1892

This, extension seems to be causing an itteration error on my site.

If I run the import sometimes it works fine, however other times what seems like half way through I get the message

“Fatal error: Class ‘Mage_Customimportexport_Helper_Data’ not found in /app/Mage.php on line 523” (due to the itteration error below)

And my site no longer works, the whole thing backend and frontend give the Magento error page, and when I download the error log, I get

“a:5:{i:0;s:52:"Front controller reached 100 router match iterations";i:1;s:481:"#0 /var/www/vhosts/website.com/httpdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(183): Mage::throwException(’Front controlle...’)
#1 /var/www/vhosts/website.com/httpdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(340): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#2 /var/www/vhosts/webiste.com/httpdocs/app/Mage.php(627): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#3 /var/www/vhosts/website.com/httpdocs/index.php(80): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#4 {main}”;s:3:"url”;s:60:"/just-in-new/1031-budget-cut-deck-8-25-troll-n-mole-ppp.html”;s:11:"script_name”;s:10:"/index.php”;s:4:"skin”;s:7:"default";}"

The relavent bit of my system log is here http://pastebin.com/WbkLZbtS

I can make the site working again by clearing the var/cache manully, obvously this is not ideal, and adding -c to the cli makes no difference as when the error comes the script stops running and the cache isnt cleared.

Hopefully somebody could help me out with this.

Thanks Guys

Magento Community
Magento Community

cconway

I\\\’m trying to import custom fields using your extension and I\\\’m getting the following error when I try to actually put data into the custom field.  Invalid value for `staff_nutrition`.  This field contains HTML.

Thanks for any help,
Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

Bing Dicklepuss - 24 August 2011 11:52 AM

@Paulus
Yeah you can PM me.  I might not be able to look at it until tomorrow.

Hi, did you get a chance to read my PM?

cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bing Dicklepuss

Total Posts:  91

Paulus - 26 August 2011 11:54 PM

Bing Dicklepuss - 24 August 2011 11:52 AM
@Paulus
Yeah you can PM me.  I might not be able to look at it until tomorrow.

Hi, did you get a chance to read my PM?

cheers.

Hi Paulus,

There are a few things:

1.) I’m not sure if AMartinez’ script handles multiple stores.  I myself have only dealt with 1 store per magento installation.  I do notice that your csv does not specify a value for the “_store” field.  I wonder if that might be part of the problem.

2.) A more obvious problem is you have no values for “url_key”.  Magento import handles this automatically by converting the “name” field.  But with AMartinez’ import for some reason you have to do it manually.  I don’t think any products will show up on the front end without a value for url_key.

3.) Your field “_category” must be titled “*_category” with an asterisk for AMartinez’ import.  All “multi-value” fields (including _category, and the media gallery fields, and I think even “_store” if you have multiple stores) must have the * in front, and the import file must be renamed to “.csv1” from “.csv”.

4.) Speaking of “_store”, you have no value in that field.  My csv’s also have no value there, but maybe for your situation you need it?

5.) The screenshot of your admin category page shows a bunch of categories at the same level as “Default Category”.  As far as I know, all categories should be <i>inside</i> Default Category.  I don’t have any categories at the same level as Defaul Category.  Maybe it’s different for multi-store or multi-website, I don’t know.

6.) The phpMyAdmin screenshot you sent me shows everything with store_id = 0.  Some of them have different attribute_id values though.  Do you know what those are?  Are there any other store_id values other than 0 anywhere in the database (not just this table)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Thanks Bing, here’s my defense;-)

1.) I’m not sure if AMartinez’ script handles multiple stores.  I myself have only dealt with 1 store per magento installation.  I do notice that your csv does not specify a value for the “_store” field.  I wonder if that might be part of the problem.

Can’t be it, we tried with many other names, including root, admin, and several store view names same as from the export.

2.) A more obvious problem is you have no values for “url_key”.  Magento import handles this automatically by converting the “name” field.  But with AMartinez’ import for some reason you have to do it manually.  I don’t think any products will show up on the front end without a value for url_key.

Not true, the ones we imported are just fine, except for the images and categories creation. Products are just fine on the front end, including url_key.

3.) Your field “_category” must be titled “*_category” with an asterisk for AMartinez’ import.  All “multi-value” fields (including _category, and the media gallery fields, and I think even “_store” if you have multiple stores) must have the * in front, and the import file must be renamed to “.csv1” from “.csv”.

Ok, i have tried the csv1 of course, not 100% if i tried with * in the _category field, the manual puzzled me a bit. Will try again.

4.) Speaking of “_store”, you have no value in that field.  My csv’s also have no value there, but maybe for your situation you need it?

Not it,tried all variations.

5.) The screenshot of your admin category page shows a bunch of categories at the same level as “Default Category”.  As far as I know, all categories should be <i>inside</i> Default Category.  I don’t have any categories at the same level as Defaul Category.  Maybe it’s different for multi-store or multi-website, I don’t know.

Although this is something that makes sense, and what i was thinking of as well. However, nocategories are placed inside default either, so even if that was our problem, the categories should be inside that Default category instead of nowhere.

6.) The phpMyAdmin screenshot you sent me shows everything with store_id = 0.  Some of them have different attribute_id values though.  Do you know what those are?  Are there any other store_id values other than 0 anywhere in the database (not just this table)?

I think there are, but i’d have to search the dbase to make sure....

Thanks for the answers, unfortunately it’s not THE answer to our issue. I might just upload all the products without the categories and faulty image display in admin, we need it.

We deleted 25% of our dbase on updating stock, thinking we would fill it up with lots of new items. In return we have a store with lots of items missing for weeks now.

Oh well....

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dicek

Total Posts:  1
Fukuoka, Japan

Hi amartinez and everyone,

Thank you very much for the great extension.

It’s working fine on my system, but I have a feature request.

I would like to filter data when exporting. Like ‘export only products updated in last 10 minutes’.

Is it possible to add this filtering feature? Or anyone has idea to achieve this?

Currently, I’m exporting all the products(2500+ SKUs) data and filtering it by other program (by checking updated_at attribute). It gives too much load to the system and I think it’s not good idea.

I would appreciate any help.

--
Daisuke

Magento Community
Magento Community

schakenraadjuh

Total Posts:  6

Dear Antonio,

I spend already hours and hours to find the problem, though I didn’t succeed. I try to import configurable product. I posted an example below.

When I visit the product-page or view in the backend, only the _super_products_sku I mentioned in the configurable-product-line is visible. All the additional _super_products_sku’s won’t appear. For example:

"_store","_product_websites","_attribute_set","_type","_category","sku","has_options","name","meta_title","meta_description","image","small_image","thumbnail","url_key","url_path","custom_design","page_layout","options_container","gift_message_available","price","special_price","cost","weight","status","tax_class_id","is_recurring","visibility","enable_googlecheckout","description","short_description","meta_keyword","custom_layout_update","news_from_date","news_to_date","special_from_date","special_to_date","custom_design_from","custom_design_to","qty","min_qty","use_config_min_qty","is_qty_decimal","backorders","use_config_backorders","min_sale_qty","use_config_min_sale_qty","max_sale_qty","use_config_max_sale_qty","is_in_stock","low_stock_date","notify_stock_qty","use_config_notify_stock_qty","manage_stock","use_config_manage_stock","stock_status_changed_automatically","use_config_qty_increments","qty_increments","use_config_enable_qty_increments","enable_qty_increments","product_name","store_id","product_type_id","product_status_changed","product_changed_websites""strijken""bleken","merk","maat""_super_products_sku",  "_super_attribute_code"
"default"
,"base","Default","simple","Dames Lingerie/Nachtkleding","27500072030","0","Satijnen Negligé Wit (Medium)","","","27500072020.jpg","27500072020.jpg""27500072020.jpg","","","","","","","14.95","","9.5","121","1","2""No","1","0","Korte negligé ","Korte negligé ","","","","","","","","","1","0.0000","1","0","0","1","1.0000","1","0.0000","1","0","","","1","0","0","1","1","0.0000","1","0","Satijnen Negligé Wit","1","simple","","","Nee""Nee""Cottelli Collection","Medium","",""
"default"
,"base","Default","simple","Dames Lingerie/Nachtkleding","27500072040","0","Satijnen Negligé Wit (Large)","","","27500072020.jpg","27500072020.jpg""27500072020.jpg","","","","","","","14.95","","9.5","121","1","2""No","1","0","Korte negligé ","Korte negligé ","","","","","","","","","1","0.0000","1","0","0","1","1.0000","1","0.0000","1","0","","","1","0","0","1","1","0.0000","1","0","Satijnen Negligé Wit","1","simple","","","Nee""Nee""Cottelli Collection","Large","",""
"default"
,"base","Default","simple","Dames Lingerie/Nachtkleding","27500072050","0","Satijnen Negligé Wit (Xl)","","","27500072020.jpg","27500072020.jpg""27500072020.jpg","","","","","","","14.95","","9.5","121","1","2""No","1","0","Korte negligé ","Korte negligé ","","","","","","","","","1","0.0000","1","0","0","1","1.0000","1","0.0000","1","0","","","1","0","0","1","1","0.0000","1","0","Satijnen Negligé Wit","1","simple","","","Nee""Nee""Cottelli Collection","Xl","",""
"default"
,"base","Default","simple","Dames Lingerie/Nachtkleding","27500072060","0","Satijnen Negligé Wit (XXL)","","","27500072020.jpg","27500072020.jpg""27500072020.jpg","","","","","","","14.95","","9.5","121","1","2""No","1","0","Korte negligé ","Korte negligé ","","","","","","","","","1","0.0000","1","0","0","1","1.0000","1","0.0000","1","0","","","1","0","0","1","1","0.0000","1","0","Satijnen Negligé Wit","1","simple","","","Nee""Nee""Cottelli Collection","XXL","",""
"default"
,"base","Default","configurable","Dames Lingerie/Nachtkleding","27500072020conf","0","Satijnen Negligé Wit","","","27500072020.jpg","27500072020.jpg""27500072020.jpg","","","","","","","14.95","","9.5","121","1","2""No","4","0","Korte negligé ","Korte negligé ","","","","","","","","","0","0.0000","1","0","0","1","1.0000","1","0.0000","1","0","","","1","0","0","1","1","0.0000","1","0","Satijnen Negligé Wit","1","simple","","","Nee""Nee""Cottelli Collection""","27500072030","maat"
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"27500072040",
"27500072050",
"27500072060",

will give me only the 27500072030 to select in fronted or backend. The 27500072040, 27500072050 and 27500072060 are nowhere to be found. Do you have any idea what’s wrong? I got no errors during the import.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Okay, so i am still working on this very annoying piece now;-)

I went through the entire Product.php file and noticed soem stuff i tried to - unsuccesfully - edit.

Here goes, around line 400, there’s this part:

function _addCategory($category$storeId)

{
        $store 
Mage::app()->getStore($storeId);

$rootCategoryId $store->getGroup()->root_category_id;

$rootCategoryPath "1/" $rootCategoryId;

The output this generated was something like this:
1/0/261/263/269
which is the wrong path to existing categories like this:
1/261/263/269

261 is the rootcategory/url of our multistore

We changed the code to :

function _addCategory($category$storeId)

{
        $store 
Mage::app()->getStore($storeId);

$rootCategoryId "261";//$store->getGroup()->root_category_id;

$rootCategoryPath "1/" $rootCategoryId;
        echo 
":::: rootCategoryId is " $rootCategoryId .  "::::\n";
        echo 
":::: rootCatPath is " $rootCategoryPath .  "::::\n";

//echo ":::: store is " . $store .  "::::\n"; // commented: gave array error

This creates the right category paths, yet they are not created in the backend. Entries for these variables seem to be right in catalog_category_entity.

I’m totally lost. Anybody any other suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Wow, finally got the categories to be created;-))

In Product.php, i changed this line almost at the bottom:
$cat->setStoreId(0)

to match my own store#
$cat->setStoreId(8)

A bit tricky, since we know this is a workaround and enables us to only create the categories per multi store and not for more than one store at a time.

Any solutions are welcome.

wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Neo_7

Hi all:
probably this post should be in the section for “clumsy.” Anyway, I’ve spent hours reading the forums and I can not import my products with this extension: First I use xampp as a local server and I can not run the Putty with it (after reading a lot, do not even know if this is possible).
Second, if I try to make it run through the admin panel (System / Import-Export /), does not import anything, does not recognize such areas as “sku, type, ...”

Any suggestion is welcome

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community