Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

AMartinez_CustomImportExport 1.5 extension: import/export/and more…! 

amartinez
Guru

Total Posts:  347
Spain

HI @fear4me, you’re welcome! :D

The explanation is simple: import script run FAST but magento reindexing process has the same speed as always.

Your machine are “preprocesing” every product html page.

I would suggest you the following processes (via crontab, by ex.):

- every hour: products import (fast!)
- every day, at 3.00 AM: reindex (more slow)

Thank you for your feedback!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

giallu26

Total Posts:  10

Hi amartinez!
Thanks for this plugin, it’s what I was looking for!

I’m writing a script that generate the csv file for the import and I have some questions for you smile

Can I in first place write to the csv file ALL the simple products and after that write the configurable product and the associated sku?

for example, I have many shoes and many shits in my store: first I write simple products for every shoe and shirt, after that i write the configurable product for all shoes and shits.

Can I do that?
Is the order of simple-configurable product important?

another question, can I update only the quantity and description of my products? Can I write a cvs with an header like this?

"sku","quantity","description"

thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

giallu26 - 06 May 2011 07:37 AM

Hi amartinez!
Thanks for this plugin, it’s what I was looking for!

I’m writing a script that generate the csv file for the import and I have some questions for you smile

Can I in first place write to the csv file ALL the simple products and after that write the configurable product and the associated sku?

for example, I have many shoes and many shits in my store: first I write simple products for every shoe and shirt, after that i write the configurable product for all shoes and shits.

Can I do that?
Is the order of simple-configurable product important?

another question, can I update only the quantity and description of my products? Can I write a cvs with an header like this?

"sku","quantity","description"

thanks!

Hi! I’m glad to be helpful smile

About your questions:

1/ Yes, you can write your csv in that way: first simple products, then grouped.
2/ You can ignore the fields are not defined as “required” in the system. Please revise your Admin->Attributes option. Some other internal fields can be needed too, please try some variations and keep me informed…

Regards!

Magento Community
Magento Community

N Lopez

Total Posts:  94

HI again!

I am pleased to inform you that \”AMartinez_CustomImportExport\” extension can now export as well.

Is it possible to use this extension to export products from 1.4.1.1?

Magento Community
Magento Community

villocci

Total Posts:  11

Hi all,
sorry sorry to bother you but i don’t find any way to use this fabolous extension.

Could you please give me some explanation about this?!

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

kerol77

Total Posts:  6

Hi Martinez!

First of all, thank you for this great extension!

I’m having a problem importing some attributes, custom attributes.
I have many attributes that are yes/no type.
If I import the csv with attribute left empty everything goes right. But if it is set to no or yes (in my case it is “Si”, in italian...) I get an error.
I’ve tried also setting 0 or 1 but nothing.

For example, this is a part of the importing log:

:::: New attribute option addedis_recurring (first ocurrence in line 1) ::::
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'File var/customimportexport/productsexport.csv contains 1 corrupt records (from a total of 1)

For some attributes I was able to solve recreating them changing the type: from yes/no type to multiple selection type (and inserting by hand yes and no as the two values of the selection).

But for some system attributes (as is_recurring for ex.) I can’t do it.

Is it a bug or I should drink less beer? smile

Edit: I’m using openoffice for writing the csv, could be a problem? Inside csv the values are formatted “0” or “1”, I think it’s ok, or no?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kerol77

Total Posts:  6

Second problem. rasberry

I have some custom fields that contain very long descriptions, sometimes pieces of html.
I’ve problems importing that fields, I’ve done some tests and error appears if the text is longer then 256 characters.
With “standard” importing I’ve never had problem. The attribute are text-area type.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

kerol77 - 08 May 2011 01:19 PM

Second problem. rasberry

I have some custom fields that contain very long descriptions, sometimes pieces of html.
I’ve problems importing that fields, I’ve done some tests and error appears if the text is longer then 256 characters.
With “standard” importing I’ve never had problem. The attribute are text-area type.

Hi! I will try to response all questions soon smile

But about 256 varchar limit, I think there’s some db limitations?

Look at “app/code/community/AMartinez/CustomImportExport/Model/Import/Entity/Product.php”, ‘varchar’ and ‘text’ case:

$valid = Mage::helper(’core/string’)->strlen($val) < self::DB_MAX_VARCHAR_LENGTH;

Please try to comment this line and tell us your results! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

fear4me

Total Posts:  18

amartinez - 06 May 2011 12:06 AM

HI @fear4me, you’re welcome! :D

The explanation is simple: import script run FAST but magento reindexing process has the same speed as always.

Your machine are “preprocesing” every product html page.

I would suggest you the following processes (via crontab, by ex.):

- every hour: products import (fast!)
- every day, at 3.00 AM: reindex (more slow)

Thank you for your feedback!

I’m still realy enthousiastic about the script! Great performance!

However… I still looking for some optimalisation of the script…

I tried to clean the core_url_rewrite table and restarted the script and again it only took about 10 minutes to complete my import of 50.000 records. When I do a second run I get a CPU-load of 95% and it still runs several hours (didn’t make a full test as it took more than 2 hours to complete), I was wondering what takes the CPU-consumption of PHP to 100% for hours during the URL_Rewrite-indexing. When I look at my mysql there are just a few queries fired although I get a load of 95 to 100% on PHP-cli when the script takes a few hours. Maybe I misconfigured something in Magento or on our server?

I also want to know how to delete records from Magento using CSV’s. Because the deleted products in our ERP which aren’t in the export anymore should be deleted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

I think your server are little old or not well config… I’m importing 50000 products / minute. In any case, the slowest rewrite are the first one.

About delete, please take a look to the new options added to version 007 smile you need to update…

-b
-behavior
set import behavior: append|delete|replace (default)

Regards!

Magento Community
Magento Community

olesolo

Total Posts:  35

Could you help me please!
Is it possible to upload related items and additional images for products?
How to use it? Can you make a small example?
As I understand your extension extend original import so I must use System - Import/Export - Import?
Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

Hi,

Please add a product with gallery images manually (through admin)

Then export (use my script or magento admin, is the same for this test)

Please search for image fields and try to adapt to your needs.

In any case, I would recommended you some alternative “multilple image method”, but first try the above steps…

Regards!

Magento Community
Magento Community

olesolo

Total Posts:  35

I add several images to the product and then made an export.
But in images fields there only 1 main image.
I also tried Dataflow export but with the same result. Gallery column is empty too.

I’ll give a try to this one
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/capacitywebsolutions/extension/4421/import_products_categories__multiple_images_and_custom_options

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

I do a suggest for Dataflow import/export in some times

please search forum

perhaps these portion of code can help you: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/319393/

I prefer to edit app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view/media.phtml to make my own multi-imagen-with-rollover method

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento Knight

Total Posts:  40

i also tried this too. it isn’t exporting multiple images beyond the base image, and I can only presume it won’t import them either. is there a bug in core, this module, both, or neither?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community