Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Invalid method Mage_Wishlist_Model_Item::canConfigure(Array) magento 1.5.1.0

moggy

Total Posts:  17

HI

I stupidly upgraded my store to 1.5.1.0 to find the template i was using isnt compatible with it.

As a result when someone clicks add to cart i get the error checking the logs it looks like this:

a:5:{i:0;s:65:"Invalid method Mage_Wishlist_Model_Item::canConfigure(Array
(
)
)"
;i:1;s:4278:"#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call('canConfigure', Array)
#1 /home/andy/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/Block/Render/Item/Price.php(47): Mage_Wishlist_Model_Item->canConfigure()
#2 /home/andy/public_html/app/design/frontend/base/theme158/template/wishlist/render/item/price.phtml(29): Mage_Wishlist_Block_Render_Item_Price->getCleanProductPriceHtml()
#3 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(216): include('/home/andy/publ...')
#4 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(247): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/base/t...')
#5 public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(261): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#6/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(758): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#7 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/Block/Abstract.php(355): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#8 /public_html/app/design/frontend/base/theme158/template/wishlist/view.phtml(61): Mage_Wishlist_Block_Abstract->getPriceHtml(Object(Mage_Wishlist_Model_Item))
#9/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(216): include('/home/andy/publ...')
#10 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(247): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/base/t...')
#11 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(261): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#12/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(758): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#13andy/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(525): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#14 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(472): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('customer.wishli...', true)
#15 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Wrapper.php(52): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('', true, true)
#16 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(758): Mage_Page_Block_Html_Wrapper->_toHtml()
#17 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#18 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(758): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#19 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(525): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#20 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(476): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#21/public_html/app/design/frontend/base/theme158/template/page/2columns-left.phtml(54): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#22 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(216): include('/publ...')
#23 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(247): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/base/t...')
#24 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(261): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#25 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(758): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#26 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(529): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#27 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(389): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#28/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/controllers/IndexController.php(106): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#29public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Wishlist_IndexController->indexAction()
#30 public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(253): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#31 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#32 public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(340): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#33 public_html/app/Mage.php(627): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#34 public_html/index.php(80): Mage::run('', 'store')
#35 {main}"
;s:3:"url";s:10:"/wishlist/";s:11:"script_name";s:10:"/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:7:"english";}

I’ve tried copying the default files for the wishlist across but i get exactly the same error.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hxd

Total Posts:  224

Do you actually use Magento’s wishlist feature? Because if not, the easiest solution would be to disable it:

How to disable the Magento Wishlist feature

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Just replace app/design/frontend/default/yourtheme/template/wishlist
with 1.5.x templates from Magento installation package.

You old wishlist templates will not work with Magento 1.5.x

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukgoods

Total Posts:  44

My theme does not have the Wishlist template and I am still getting this error.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Donna

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Ok.

Try the following.

1. Copy wishlish.xml in base/default/layout to [your template]/layout
2. Copy wishlist folder in base/default/template to [your template]/template
3. Refresh Cache

Magento Community
Magento Community

shopstelle

Total Posts:  7

Hi, I\’m having the same problem when trying to view shared wishlist link. My theme does not have the wishlist folder, and i did not upgrade my magento , its still 1.5.0.1. I\’ve tried the above solution but its not working:( Every other feature of the wishlist works thou! If the sender\’s wishlsit is empty, the page is showing without error. The error only comes up when there are items on the wishlist. Any help would be appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

moggy

Total Posts:  17

thanks, replacing all of the files worked!

Magento Community
Magento Community

GFEMajor

Total Posts:  138

i have the same Problem.

for testing reasons i switched to the default template and even there this error apears.

I also tried to copy the template files to the default template, without success.

Has anybody another solution for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gabidavila

Total Posts:  4
Campinas, BRAZIL

shopstelle - 01 May 2011 03:50 PM

Hi, I\’m having the same problem when trying to view shared wishlist link. My theme does not have the wishlist folder, and i did not upgrade my magento , its still 1.5.0.1. I\’ve tried the above solution but its not working:( Every other feature of the wishlist works thou! If the sender\’s wishlsit is empty, the page is showing without error. The error only comes up when there are items on the wishlist. Any help would be appreciated!

Same issue here, can you please help us? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pranay_Gondane

Total Posts:  8

Hi All,

I have faced with the same issue and i used the all of the above solutions but bad luck not resolved my issue.

But i tried one another way to fix it and issue get resolved.. i m not sure is this right way but i did it as below.

Step 1. Override the app\code\local\Mage\Wishlist\controllers\SharedController.php into the your local like

in app\code\local\Your local Package Name\Wishlist\controllers\SharedController.php

Step 2. Open controller SharedController.php and just replace the below code:

if ($wishlist->getCustomerId() && $wishlist->getCustomerId() == $customerId{
            $this
->_redirectUrl(Mage::helper('wishlist')->getListUrl());
            return;

}

else

{
            $this
->_redirectUrl(Mage::helper('wishlist')->getListUrl());
            return;

}