Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade from 1.4.2.0 to 1.5.0.1 Tale already exists error

UGD

Total Posts:  22

a:5:{i:0;s:229:"Error in file: "/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.22-1.4.0.23.php" - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'sales_order_status' already exists";i:1;s:1046:"#0 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(390): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(289): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '1.4.0.22', '1.4.0.25')
#2 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(233): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('1.4.0.22', '1.4.0.25')
#3 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(161): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(399): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(329): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /app/Mage.php(627): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /index.php(80): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}"
;s:3:"url";s:16:"/index.php";s:11:"script_name";s:16:"/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:7:"default";}

The above code error is what I get after upgrading to 1.5.0.1 - I have already tried re-installing the core files, tried dropping that table from the database, clearing cache and forcing a re-build of the table but still get the same error message. Both the frontend & admin areas are showing the error so there is no way into the backend at the moment.

Thank you for any possible help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

asheon

Total Posts:  5

Yep, same problem here. Fresh install of 1.5.0.1 worked for a while until i tried to refresh the cache.

Any ideas?

a:5:{i:0;s:213:"Error in file: “dev/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.22-1.4.0.23.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘sales_order_status’ already exists";i:1;s:918:"#0 dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(390): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(289): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘1.4.0.22’, ‘1.4.0.25’)
#2 dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(233): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’1.4.0.22’, ‘1.4.0.25’)
#3 dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(161): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(399): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(329): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 dev/app/Mage.php(627): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /dev/index.php(80): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)

Magento Community
Magento Community

veracious

Total Posts:  114

I have been helping people with upgrades left & right.  I will help you with this problem.  I am charging $50 each.  PM me if you are interested.

Magento Community
Magento Community

asheon

Upgraded to 1.5.1.0..works fine now....You can have that info for free! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

Have you tried deleting the contents of that file, loading the page and then restoring the contents?

Magento Community
Magento Community

asheon

Yes, I tried that, it just moves onto another file with a different error and so on and so on.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Isso

Total Posts:  1

Has anyone a solution to the problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dannygerst

Total Posts:  21

Hi,

I ran in the same problem any solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

uws

Total Posts:  9
Germany

no solution for this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

Hi UGO,

We have recently fixed this issue for a client.
If you need it solved, please submit your request at http://www.qubesys.com/request-a-quote/

@james, thanks for your recommendation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

John

Total Posts:  129
Sheffield, United Kingdom

This thread gave me the clue

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/232650/

If you have already done an upgrade above 1.4.2 then run a restore of the DB and file system then you still may have tables that exist in the db that are not normally there in 1.4.2.  Normally a DB restore is at the table level and not at the DB level - so you may have ended up with tables that where not deleted.

This solved it for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nilands55

Total Posts:  169
Laurinburg NC

If you backed up your tables before upgrading to 1.5.0.1.or 1.5.1.0 use your 1.4.2.0 database. Otherwise if you had a failed install you no longer have a 1.4.2.0 database and reinstalling will get this error every time. If you did not back up the database you have no choice but to delete tables that were made during the failed 1.5 install. the problem is Magento did not write the MySQL updates to deal with the fact of existing tables (i.e. IF EXIST statement). if you have an old database you can compare them to figure out what to delete. See this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/232650/ and you can have that for free

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community