Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dynamic pricing. Products price = variable * editable base price

danieliser

Total Posts:  2
Palatka Florida

I am trying to decide which ecom atform to use for an upcoming clients site. The client sell products which prices are commodity based ie fuel/metals etc. I want to set the price of each item to be linked to this.

Methods I’ve come up with.

1 products have assigned quantity. Ie weight in grams. Then in another module you set the price per gram and update pricing preferably via SQL since other methods seem slow.

2 products use either a 1x formula for pricing and I can assign variables x y z etc a set amount.

Either way I need to be able to set the price per ounce on metals etc and have that automatically adjust all prices accordingly.

Any thoughts or ideas of extensions I can use or methods and suggestions for making my own.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Have a look at the Price Calculator and see if you might be able to use this.

Pricing Calculator Magento Details: http://www.fmeextensions.com/magento-length-area-volume-pricing-calculator.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community