Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

trying to upgrade 1.3.1 to 1.5.0.1

jody1

Total Posts:  1

I have tried an amazing amount of the help and wiki stuff, but to no avail.  I am constantly running into issues upgrading.  Basically, I am using this as my start:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/220273/

I make it to step 9 and get to the configuration screen, fill it out and then get a “whoops, don’t know what happened” screen.  I have spent quite a bit of time at this point.  Is there a place where I can see why it is erroring out?  Has anyone else ran into this issue?  Should I be trying a different upgrade faq?  Any help is most appreciated.

Jody

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Hans76

Total Posts:  4

Hello Jody,

Try to check your PHP and MySQL versions. Unfortunately, I am not sure that it will help. As an alternative you may try to use this service. They can move your data from current shop to fresh Magento installation. The service is automated so there are no errors. It was very useful since I was in despair about upgrading Megento. Those errors and mistakes were driving me crazy. And this solution was very simple and fast. Hope it will help you too.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community