Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

product image upload on mac

simply07

Total Posts:  17

Hello

I’m having problems uploading images for my products on my mac.
I can browse for a file but then nothing happens…

I don’t get the orange box that is supposed to show up below the browse button and so none of my products have images.

Please if someone can let me know what i can do to get this working it would be awesome

Thanks in advanced
Steph

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

squirrels

Total Posts:  93

Seems like a lot of people are having the same problems, I have tried all of what I have found in the forums but still no success… I hope this is something that the Magento team will have a look at as it makes working with Magento almost impossible for all us Mac-users.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sljacome

Total Posts:  19
Mexico City

I’m a pc rasberry

But, just being curious, did you upgrade your flash player to 9?

If so, that might be the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

squirrels

I upgraded it to 10 (as suggested in some other thread) which didn’t work at all, now I’m back on 9… But you are suggesting that I try an even earlier version? Would love to get this thing working! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

sljacome

Total Posts:  19
Mexico City

Yeah actually I was wrong and thinking about flash player 10, and not 9, rolling back to 9 fixed it for me http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/18886/

Magento Community
Magento Community

squirrels

Ah well… I still have some kind of hope that the Magento team will look into this since it seems to be a major concern for quite a lot of people.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oggy

Total Posts:  121
Santa Catarina

Update your OS…

Magento Community
Magento Community

squirrels

I’m on Leopard (10.5.5) with all the updates from Apple installed. As far as I know there is nothing I can update to…

Magento Community
Magento Community

benbot3000

Total Posts:  1

I am having the same issue. I have read every post I can find on this subject and nothing works for me. When I click on the “browse files...” it throws an error and/or nothing happens. I am pretty sure it is a flash issue, but rolling back doesn’t help.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. All I am looking for is someone from the Magento team to tell me I am screwed or a fix. I love everything else about Magento, just hate that this core thing is broken.

Specs of my machine:
Mac OS 10.5.5
Firefox 3.0.3
Flash Player 10

Magento Version 1.1.6

Things I have tried:
• I rolled back to flash 9 and it did not help
• I tried it on a PC with IE7 Flash Player 9 and nothing
• I tried it on a PC with IE6 and get a js error “Line: 910, Char: 13, Error: Unspecified error”

Thanks in advance for your time/help

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

My button does not work - on a PC. I don’t even get as far as the choose file box. Luckily I have a Linux box too and it all works on that. It worked on the PC once upon a time, if anyone have any ideas please let me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

simply07

Total Posts:  17

my problem was indeed my flash player....
I was using onflash player 10… once i uninstalled flash player 10 and instlaled flash player 9 i’ve been uploading images without a hitch…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community