Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento 1.5 won’t import images through CSV ? 

wiliamsmith444

Total Posts:  8
St Louis

Hi all, today i have just upgraded and went to import a csv using dataflow. All was well but product images was not uploaded for any reason. Can any one fix this problem.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

erikstr

Total Posts:  9

same problem here :(
I am using Magento 1.5.01 and the new import feature.

Do I have to put the images in a special folder. I would actually prevent Magento from putting the images in obscure subfolder structure and like to maintain my own folder tree for images.

Has anybody got the trick how to bulk import images in Magento?

Erik

Magento Community
Magento Community

sahil1802

Total Posts:  12

I was having the same issue for a while until I ran into the following post and looked at the second post by MarkR. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17657/

My issue was that I had put the image I was trying to import (for testing) through csv in the media/import folder but in my csv file I was just writing myimage.jpg.

It worked fine when I put /myimage.jpg. So the forward slash is the key. Hopefully you guys were having the same issue as me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community