Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Payment gateway integration - Authorize.net

jmh369

Total Posts:  5

Which Authorize.net version does Magento use? I have been told by my payment gateway (SecurePay) that they can integrate with the AIM version but not the SIM version. I feel like it is probably easier to go through Authorize.net and integrate with what I’m already using than to try to go directly to SecurePay - any thoughts? Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sundrysolutions

Total Posts:  1

I am curious about this, too.  It would seem that the implementation of Authorize.net in Magento is utilizing AIM since the session is maintained.

To explain, if you use PayPal Standard, you choose PayPal as payment type, review the order and then complete it by being redirected to a PayPal URL where you enter your payment details (e.g. credit card number).  My understanding is that Authorize.net SIM is similar to PayPal standard in that the page that collects payment info is hosted by the gateway and not via the eCommerce website.

I am interested on how to configure Authorize.net SIM via Magento.  It should be similar to PayPal Standard, however, I am not sure where to start.  Any ideas?  Please excuse me if I should be starting a new thread.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cbtrussell

Total Posts:  8

created a new thread here:

new thread for authorize.net SIM

Magento Community
Magento Community

tragic_rich

Total Posts:  15
San Diego, CA

Does anyone know how to add more fields to the data authorize.net captures?
My client has integrated authorize.net with salesforce (a leading CRM system). They have this integration set up fine, the problem is that salesforce associates all sales via the email address which authorize.net does not capture in Magento.
They would also ideally like to capture the purchase data but obviously this is less important than setting up all of their customers properly.
I have searched through all authorize.net related threads in the magento forums but did not see anything similar to the problem I have.
Without the email field, they have duplicate records for anyone that uses their store more than once.

This is a pressing issue for them, does anyone have any experience with this? Even a point in the right direction would be awesome!

Magento Community
Magento Community

gabbs

Total Posts:  13

Do you know what they use to interface with Saleforce? as I’ve just started working on a magento to salesforce extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

djmontra

Total Posts:  2

krapypunkatwork - 08 September 2009 02:03 PM

Does anyone know how to add more fields to the data authorize.net captures?
My client has integrated authorize.net with salesforce (a leading CRM system). They have this integration set up fine, the problem is that salesforce associates all sales via the email address which authorize.net does not capture in Magento.
They would also ideally like to capture the purchase data but obviously this is less important than setting up all of their customers properly.
I have searched through all authorize.net related threads in the magento forums but did not see anything similar to the problem I have.
Without the email field, they have duplicate records for anyone that uses their store more than once.

This is a pressing issue for them, does anyone have any experience with this? Even a point in the right direction would be awesome!

Was this ever figured out. I am too in need of custom fields such as store name (they use other stores beside Magento that i just installed) and I need the description field to be passed too to authorize.  here is an example is what i need the merchant e-mail to look like once the info is passed from magento to authorize.

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
Shop Name :  <------------------ RIGHT HERE
Invoice : 100000001
Description :  <------------------ RIGHT HERE
Amount : 25.00 (USD)
Payment Method : Visa
Type : Authorization Only

Please let me know of any help or direction anyone can point me in. I think it has to do with the authorizenet.php and the cc_authorizenet.php files but i don’t want to risk editing them till i know for sure and how.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

jetsetter

Total Posts:  33

Has anyone heard any progress on this?

Getting description into Authorize.net is very useful when manging your ecommerce store.

Joe

Magento Community
Magento Community

truetechsupport

Total Posts:  26
Minnesota

I made an Authorize.Net SIM payment module. You can purchase it here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudgento

Total Posts:  5
Park City, UT

We’ve recently integrated Magento with Salesforce, Authorize.net and PayPal via the APIs.  This allows Magento customers to easily track all Magento customer, order, product and payment data inside Salesforce.com without having to install anything into our Magento site.

Magento Connect:  http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/cloudgento/extension/7328/cloudgento

Salesforce AppExchange:  http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IIWZEA4

You can sign-up for a 30-day free trial at http://www.cloudconversion.com/freetrial and the setup instructions are available on our wiki at http://wiki.cloudconversion.com/cloudgento-setup

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community