Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Customer Session Problems

ekta.unicode

Total Posts:  1

There are some serious issues with my website built on magento. Here is a brief list:

· Customer clicked on My Account and the form was pre-populated with another user’s email address

· Customer tried to place an order and it gave error page

· People are still seeing other visitors browsing history (recently viewed items)

· Sometimes items do not get added to the cart after clicking add to cart

· People are getting other peoples confirmation messages such as “your question has been sent for moderation” when they never filled out the question form

These things are happening at peak hours when the traffic is high.

Please reply to this if anyone knows the solution or the likely cause of the problem.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gkuehnberger

We recently also experienced random Session-Switches that is a logged-in Frontend User suddenly is logged in as another user.
IMHO this is a highly serious issue as it massively affects privacy,
and has to be debugged and fixed URGENTLY !

Unfortunately we have yet not been able to reproduce the behaviour and thus we were not able to debug it yet.

We’re using Mage 1.5 Community Edition

Anyone else having experienced the same?
Thanks upfront, regards Georg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aribo

Hello,

I have the same problem with costumers logged as others and costumers receiving wrong orders confirmation.
Do you have the universal password extension ? I was an idea I had to explain this problem.

Best

Magento Community
Magento Community

brenden99

United States

If someone of you guys find the solution please tell me as my friend having similar issue!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rpeterson

Total Posts:  5
Hershey, PA

I am actually seeing this on our store as well. I will be looking into it deeply and try and post anything I may find.

Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

Could people be coming in via URLs that contain session ids?

Double check that your site is not accessible without a www (or with if you prefer without) as this can cause session IDs to be added to URLs

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community