Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Moving widgets above the mini cart in the right sidebar

moggy

Total Posts:  17

HI

I’ve created some widgets based on static blocks that i want to appear on certain products, this its self works fine.

however I would ideally like them to appear above the mini cart on the right hand column, of the page instead of at the bottom underneath the cart, compare prodcts etc

I cant seem to find where they are positioned...is there somewhere obvious i need to change it?

any help would be hugely appreciated..

cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

prateekgupta
Guru

Total Posts:  541
India

Hey,

For the widget to appear on the side bar here it is what you can do. Create a static block. Install the widget on the static block and use that static block on sidebar.phtml.
Or simple use this code on the sidebar files.

<?php
$filter 
= new Mage_Widget_Model_Template_Filter();
$_widget $filter->filter('{{widget type="cms/widget_page_link" template="cms/widget/link/link_block.phtml" page_id="2"}}');
echo 
$_widget;
?>
Hope it helps ..

Magento Community
Magento Community

moggy

thanks i’ve done that but i cant seem to get the widgets to show above the mini-cart is this possible?

cheers
Andy

Magento Community
Magento Community

moggy

Does anyone know if it is possible to move widgets above the cart in the right /left sidebars?

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnlewisdesign

Total Posts:  19

Same here I only find old info - How would I move compare and mini cart into widget positions so I can actually WORK with them? Don’t know why they aren’t there in the first place..its just daft. Having to hack files to get a balanced layout of your own is pretty silly design.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community