Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Rearranging Products

Cari

Total Posts:  12

I’d like to rearrange my products in a few categories so when people go to those pages, I have certain products on top--I like to change things up a bit every once in awhile. 

I tried to change the position using numbering in the products within category in admin, but it didn’t work.

Is there a way to do this?

I’m not talking about sorting by ‘value, name and price’ on the frontend here, btw.  I just want control over which products appear at top when a category is clicked.

**UPDATE:  Nevermind...got it to work.  You have to fill out a number for EVERY product you have in order for it to work.  Before I was just trying to number 3 out of 20 products to get those to be first.  When I numbered each product in order of preference from 1-20, it did finally go.

Thanks!
Cari

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community