Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Remove custom options prices

tonylees

Total Posts:  46

Hi All,

I have created some custom options for my products which are in a drop down. Each option increases the price of the product, but the price is shown alogside the description.

Is there a way I can stop the price from showing without affecting the price? if you can take a look at

http://tslweb.co.uk/index.php/nmsi/nmsi-the-tower-of-london.html

and click the size option

Thanks for your help

Tony

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagentoECG
Magento Team

Total Posts:  189
Worldwide

Hi Tony!

As far as I understood, you want to hide product price until one of the custom option will be selected. In this case, you have to do some changes in file which is located by path app/design/frontend/[YOUR PACKAGE]/[YOUR THEME]/template/catalog/product/view/options.phtml
Find:

try {
    optionsPrice
.changePrice('options'price);

optionsPrice.changePrice('optionsPriceInclTax'price);

optionsPrice.reload();
catch (e{

}

And replace with

try {

if ($$('.price-box')) {

$$('.price-box').invoke(price 'show' 'hide');

}
    optionsPrice
.changePrice('options'price);

optionsPrice.changePrice('optionsPriceInclTax'price);

optionsPrice.reload();
catch (e{

}

If you don’t use some customizations in your project which can affect on this native logic, it should work
Good luck!

<DS>

Magento Community
Magento Community

tonylees

HI
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately though this didn’t seem to do anything.

I do have a module installed so the customer has to login to view the price, however this doesn’t work with the ‘Options’.

when I have added the drop down list of available sizes the price is displayed at the side of the description.... can I stop this price being displayed in the drop down?

Thanks
Tony

Magento Community
Magento Community

tonylees

HI There,

I have found a solution here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/76184/

thanks
Tony

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community