Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Switch Stores

Ashley

Total Posts:  51

I am trying to switch stores from within the Magento Core but am having difficulties!

I have 7 stores which each have different root category ID’s. I have modified the search so that the user can select a store and then the search results are filtered by the selected stores root category. This effectively has given me the ability to search each store individually which is a new requirment our project has. I have everything working except I cannot switch the store manually!

I thought it could be done by calling Mage::app(’store_id’) where ‘store_id’ is the store code you want to switch too but it doesn’t seem to work. You may be wondering why we are doing this like this and the simple answer is that we utilize stores as seperate stores with differing categorys and products instead of seperate languages. Check out justkampers.com to see what I mean.

Regards

Ashley

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community