Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dreamweaver or other Editor for Design

candelaver

Total Posts:  9

HI

By the Way, i have seen the Webinars and read the Designers Guide as well, but after a lots of unsuccessfull trying to config the Folder in Dreamweaver, i whould like to Know how you Config Dreamweaver Users the Site.

Is there any better Editor than Dreamweaver, which Editor is the best for Magento ??
Which Editor are you using??

i´m getting better with Magento and i whould like to Design my custom Theme with Dreamweaver CS5.
i didn´t worked much with Dreamweaver is someone here using Dreamweaver CS5 ??

i want to Know how i have to config in Dreamweaver the Site and add the Folder(structure) in Deramweaver, any HowTo out there ??

Thankyou

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

damianp429

Total Posts:  17

Coda all the way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Web Developer02

Total Posts:  31

I use Dreamweaver for Magento and I don’t think there is any other editor developers are using for Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I also use Dreamweaver. Are you wanting a visual editor or a code editor? You can\’t use a visual editor with Magento, there are too many components/files that play a factor.

This wiki guide will help you with the necessary changes for Dreamweaver: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/4_-_Themes_and_Template_Customization/0_-_theming_in_magento/designing-for-magento#opening_.phtml_files_in_dreamweaver

Magento Community
Magento Community

sareeta

Total Posts:  3

candelaver - 18 April 2011 05:34 AM

HI

By the Way, i have seen the Webinars and read the Designers Guide as well, but after a lots of unsuccessfull trying to config the Folder in Dreamweaver, i whould like to Know how you Config Dreamweaver Users the Site.

Is there any better Editor than Dreamweaver, which Editor is the best for Magento ??
Which Editor are you using??

i´m getting better with Magento and i whould like to Design my custom Theme with Dreamweaver CS5.
i didn´t worked much with Dreamweaver is someone here using Dreamweaver CS5 ??

i want to Know how i have to config in Dreamweaver the Site and add the Folder(structure) in Deramweaver, any HowTo out there ??

Thankyou

Some people have suggested Coda and RapidWeaver as options, but they didn\’t fit my needs personally, but to each his/her own.
Dreamweaver is still the best but its missing some features that some of the open source/freeware have.

apartment building insurance

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community