Magento Forum

I need advice for my project… PLEASE!!!! 

BettyBoo

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I’m new to Magento, but I do have PHP development experience. Initally I did plan to do all the development of my website myself, but that would probably take years. However, before I start something I can’t finish I wanted to know if I will be able to achieve the following must haves on my website.

1) Will I be able to incorporate the functionality for suppliers to enter their own products onto the system, without being able to look at other suppliers details. And would I be able to limit them to having a maximum of say 10 products. Can I provide them with an interface I have configured myself.

2)If 1 is possible then is there a limit to the number of suppliers I can allow to access the system

3)Is there a way that I can display the shopping basket broken down by each supplier and their delivery charges, even though the customer will only pay once

4) Is there a way that once I have received payment from the customer, that I can integrate a process that will forward payments onto each supplier automatically?

5)I would also like to allow each supplier to update customers order status.

6)I would also like to add a blog and forum to the site.  How easy is it to incorporate?

7) I want to use my own template, is this easy to incorporate, do I just add in my own HTML and CSS files

8) And lastly, how do I set up a test environment on my own laptop, which runs Windows XP is this possible at all?

I know I’ve asked quite a few questions, but I am doing so much research that it is getting a bit overwhelming, but I am up for the challenge and if anyone can just point me in the right direction or a least let me know if what I want to do will be possible that would be great.

I can’t wait to get into this, but it would help to know if what I want is possible

Thank you in advance

Betty

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Total Posts:  133
Netherlands

Joomla and Virtuemart

Maybe you are at the wrong forum wink But Magento is light years ahead of Virtuemart…

To answer your questions, yes everything is possible. But I don’t think your capable to get it done. E.g. to achieve #1, #2, #3 you need extensive knowledge of Magento. Of course you can learn it but I don’t think is realistic to do this with your current knowledge(I guess it based on your questions) within a limited time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BettyBoo

Total Posts:  2

Oooops....my mistake red face

Any advice on where I should start?  I learn fast smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community