Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom shipping/delivery calculations

Matt Collins

Total Posts:  16

Is it possible to set up a table rate that checks against weight and price?

I have a client that wants to offer different ways of calculating shipping, depending on the type of products that are bought. I can’t see a way to do this directly (ideally I’d be able to flag a category and test if products belong to that category to calculate delivery).

The functionality that they need is basically:

Is there furniture inthe order?
If yes, then if the total cost of the order is greater than x, set shipping cost to free, else shipping cost = y.
If there isn’t furniture with the order, then if the total cost is greater than x1, shipping cost is free, else cost is y1.

I was hoping to hack the weights to sort this out - non-furniture items have 0 weight, furniture items have weight of 100.

Then the table rates just need to check the weight band, followed by the price band to determine the shipping cost.

Is this at all possible? Is there a better way of doing this?
Does this need to be a custom module for this, and if so is anyone interested in building it (for actual money!)

Really hope someone can help me on this,

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community