Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Duplication & URL Key

kikboxr777

Total Posts:  6

I am new to the Magento environment but I have a problem that I would like to resolve in the easiest way possible.  I figured that the easiest way to work off of a “template” would be to take a product and then repeatedly hit the Duplicate key (I do not see a better way to clone and reuse the majority of the information).  Therein lies the problem.  I noticed that there are certain fields that are blanked out and need to be inputted which is great.  The only one that seems to be casing me a headache is the URL Key which has been automatically generated.  When I duplicate the product, I thought it would change the URL key.  After 80 products, the URL is the same as the first product that I created....Somehow I think that might not be the greatest thing for my website...GRIN.

Anyway, am I doing this wrong or is there a way to “refresh” all of these URL keys so that they update to what the current product is??

Site is http://esportpix.com (Before you laugh at the home page, remember I am new and trying to figure out how to do some of the awesome things that other people are doing.)

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

doubleforte

Total Posts:  31

Bump.

Any ideas? This is maddening.

Thanks
brian

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan berlin

Total Posts:  7

dublicate an article does not change the urlkey - so product doublicate is still broken.

the only workaround i found is this:

regenerate_url_keys, via: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13844155/clearing-url-keys-in-magento

<?php
require 'app/Mage.php';
Mage::app();
$amount 0;
$model Mage::getModel('catalog/product');
$products $model->getCollection();
foreach (
$products as $product{
    $model
->load($product->getId());

$product->setUrlKey($model->getName())->save();

set_time_limit();

$amount++;
}

the same with the metas, both fields need to become clean/empty on duplication.

anone ha a fix for this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community