Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I ask for cvv code, but not require it

chuladi

Total Posts:  6

Greetings!

We are switching our ecommerce over to magento. Our standard operating procedure is to ask for cvv at checkout, pass it along to authorize.net for verification if it is provided. But we do not require the input of this number. It seems as though magento either asks/requires or does not ask. Has anybody found a solution to ask for the code but not require it?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

Magento already asks for the CVV code, however if you are located in the U.S., it is illegal to store it.  If you are outside the U.S. and want it saved, PM me and I’ll create a quick Connect Module for you to upload.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chuladi

Total Posts:  6

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I am well versed in PCI compliance requirements. What I am asking is this:

Magento allows two methods:

Ask for cvv and make it a required field
Do not ask for cvv

What I need is this

Ask for cvv and do not make it a required field. So that step that Magento performs to check and verify that field’s data entry would be skipped.

Either way, it is not stored, as mentioned in the initial post, it is passed through to authorize.net for verification.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community