Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layout - Template - Block - Content - Confused

Mendrel

Total Posts:  23

I have a question regarding this. Where is the content from <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('product_additional_data') ?> coming from.

Ok, if we break it down, it should be coming from some block named “product_additional_data” right? But the content comes from tag/list.phtnl Even when the content is there, the ‘add tag; button doesn’t work. So If I look in Page/Catalog/Tag.xml that should tell me where the content is coming from right?

<b>Page.xml</b>
NOTHING!

Shouldn’t there be some code in here that says put it in the ‘left’ or ‘content’ block?

<b>Catalog.xml</b>
<block type="catalog/product_view_additional" name="product.info.additional" as="product_additional_data" template="tag/list.phtml"/>

I found that line in the ‘content’ block. So shouldn’t a tag list show up in the content block of any page tied to ‘catalog/product_view’?

<b>Tag.xml</b>
<reference name="left">
<block type="tag/popular" name="tags_popular" template="tag/popular.phtml">
<action method="setTemplate"><template>tag/popular.phtml</template></action>
</block>
</reference>

Doesn’t this mean that there should be a ‘Popular Tags’ section on all left columns

<b>catalog/product/view.phtml</b>
<p>In view.phtml under product collateral</p>
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('product_additional_data') ?>

That gives me a tag add box on the product pages, but what about the tag cloud? I hope someone can help with my confusion.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community