Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
intersects error switching theme back to default from modern

paperlion2

Total Posts:  4

Installed the modern theme, and enabled it to test. Then wanted to switch back to default and got this error:

Your design change for the specified store intersects with another one, please specify another date range

Anyone? thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

torstenzenk

Total Posts:  3

After a fresh install of 1.1.7 I have the same issue trying to save any changes at system_design/edit/. I even can´t save choosing default as a new design. I get the exact same error message. Has anyone gotten any further?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lcreative777

Total Posts:  5

Same issue - I tried clearing the sessions as well as the cache and it didn’t change.

Unable to edit current design. nor can I add a new (’intersects with current design theme")

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lcreative777

It looks like it is an issue only in Firefox I was able to make changes in IE.  My guess is version 1.1.7 has a fix for IE that disabled Firefox functionality.  There is a similar problem if you try to edit a page within the CMS.  But, only in firefox.

Magento Community
Magento Community

torstenzenk

i can confirm that, all changes i made have been saved successfully

Magento Community
Magento Community

stengah

Total Posts:  42
Denmark

I am still having this issue:

“Your design change for the specified store intersects with another one, please specify another date range”

My setup was that I installed

1) Modern theme (which I enabled - with no data range)
2) Blue theme (trying to shift to this - unsuccessfully)

As suggested in this thread I tried using IE insted of Firefox to commit changes
Result: Same (message as above)

In the end I tried uninstalling Modern theme via Megnoto connect
Result: Theme swithes to default which shows in frontend, however, the data range issue still remains

Site fully refreshed - cannot figure this out? Really hope somebody can help…

Magento Community
Magento Community

LindyHopper

Total Posts:  23

Same issue here. And I’m using a Mac so there’s no IE and Safari doesn’t do the trick.

I finally went onto a PC and tried using IE (version 6) but no luck either. I had changed my store to the modern theme, which I guess I can live with, but wanted to try out some others.

Now I can’t even get back the default.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stylesofny

Total Posts:  39

i am having this issue as well. anyone find a fix?

Magento Community
Magento Community

n00b0101

Was having this problem as well… Logged into mysql and ran “DELETE * FROM magento_design_change” and then was able to save.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hostnetric

Total Posts:  2

Is there an actual fix for this issue coming out. It is rather frustrating and I have not been able to fix this yet short of doing a complete fresh install of Magento. I am going to live with my current design for the moment, but I hope that a fix is posted soon and documentation is created to make this easier on those of us that are not as proficient with databases as others.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mcpmedia

Total Posts:  6

Same problem.  This is extremely frustrating.  I’ve deleted the MySQL table as suggested and still no change.  The e-commerce functionality of this software is great, but the skinning system is really hard to work with

Magento Community
Magento Community

InitechDesign

Total Posts:  88

I was able to fix mine by going through phpmyadmin. VERY EASY!!!!!!

Backup everything first!!!

Go to phpmyadmin then click on your magento database on the left. When it brings up all of the fields in the database click on design_change.  Now in the center of the screen you will see under options that table in the database, click on the pencil to edit the database. Now where you see the field design all the way across to the left of that you should see something like “default/default” If you change that to “default/blue” you can get the blue skin to work. Just press “go” whenever you are done changing the name. Don’t know whats causing the date issue but this is an easy workaround.

Thanks,
Brian

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sampras77

Sweden

I was able to fix mine by going through phpmyadmin. VERY EASY!!!!!!

Backup everything first!!!

Go to phpmyadmin then click on your magento database on the left. When it brings up all of the fields in the database click on design_change.  Now in the center of the screen you will see under options that table in the database, click on the pencil to edit the database. Now where you see the field design all the way across to the left of that you should see something like “default/default” If you change that to “default/blue” you can get the blue skin to work. Just press “go” whenever you are done changing the name. Don’t know whats causing the date issue but this is an easy workaround.

Thanks,
Brian

Thanks!
This was the solution for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rojan John V

I could sort this problem through admin side very easy

First time click the “Add Design Change” button ,this time you can see the error “Your design change for the specified store intersects with another one, please specify another date range”.After this message you have to click the “Back” button,this time you can see new window named as Design.In this page you can see “default/Pet” (your design name) line.Click on this “default/Pet” the you will go to next refresh page.In this again you can see Edit Design Change.Please select your Custom Design you added and click the “Save” button right top corner.After click the save you can see the message “Design change saved” top left side corner.Finally you go to the user side and press the refresh button.......
You can see a Miracle......

Regards,
Rojan John V cool smirk

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rojan John V

Hi,
“Your design change for the specified store intersects with another one, please specify another date range”,while changing the design you can see this error.Because you know ,design_change table specified “Null” value while database installation.Please remove the tick on null field.After the change in database you can change the design properly.
Regards,
Rojan John V, cool smirk

Magento Community
Magento Community

stuffdone

How can I just disable that date range feature?  There needs to be a means in the admin area.

Also how do I view what the conflicting dates are in order to change them?

I don’t see the value and it makes using the control panel to change themes impossible for end users who have no access the the SQL tables.

The whole point in a user control panel assumes shopping cart users are not programmers and may not even have access to the database tables.  Also when installing and wishing to cycle thru several themes, no one should have to manually edit SQL to make the theme manager function each time.

Themes need to be changeable from the admin panel or else there is no point in having a theme manager at all!

This is a bug....how long has this been a problem and is anyone working on a patch to fix it?

Posted: Nov. 10, 2010

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3