Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add tag, tag cloud where are you? 

Mendrel

Total Posts:  23

4 hours. I’ve been staring at this for four hours. I have one working site where when I view a product I can add tags to it. The other site, when you view the product, the box isn’t there. I want the tag adder thingy back. Can someone please point out what XML, Template, Layout, setting, property.. I might need to change to get a tag adder to appear in the ‘content’ part of all products. Also how does setting that help me learn how I should properly add the tag cloud to the site main page?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mendrel

Total Posts:  23

Ok, I finally got the tag adder to appear below a product. However, the button doesn’t work to actually add the tags. Does anyone know what code you have that works to add the tags? How about adding a tag cloud to the main page. Shouldn’t it just be:

<block type="tag/cloud" name="random_name" as="random_name" before="-" template="tag/popular.phtml"/>

Then in the phtml where you want it to appear:

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('random_name') ?>

That should work right?

Magento Community
Magento Community

vwmatt

Total Posts:  2
Springfield, Missouri - USA

I’ve run into the same problem.  My “add tags” button doesn’t seem to be working.  In Firefox, the button will bring up the login page, or if logged in it just basically reloads the page and adds “l?___SID=U” to the end of the URL.  There’s no box at the top that says the tag has been submitted.  In IE, the button does nothing, but hitting the “enter” key in the field will cause the same results as clicking the button in Firefox.  I was able to add tags in the admin, but can’t associate them with any product.  This is on 1.1.8, and the site is http://www.discountaircooled.com.  It seems like the tags were working when I first loaded the sample data (that’s been awhile ago though).  I deleted all the sample tags since they weren’t really relevant, at which time the cloud went away.  It’s not a huge issue, but the tags are kind of a fun feature to just turn off without trying to figure it out.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tanolalano

Total Posts:  31
Italy - Ferrara

vwmatt - 17 December 2008 07:53 PM

I’ve run into the same problem.  My “add tags” button doesn’t seem to be working.  In Firefox, the button will bring up the login page, or if logged in it just basically reloads the page and adds “l?___SID=U” to the end of the URL.  There’s no box at the top that says the tag has been submitted.  In IE, the button does nothing, but hitting the “enter” key in the field will cause the same results as clicking the button in Firefox.  I was able to add tags in the admin, but can’t associate them with any product.  This is on 1.1.8, and the site is http://www.discountaircooled.com.  It seems like the tags were working when I first loaded the sample data (that’s been awhile ago though).  I deleted all the sample tags since they weren’t really relevant, at which time the cloud went away.  It’s not a huge issue, but the tags are kind of a fun feature to just turn off without trying to figure it out.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Same problem of vwmatt...the button seem not work, no tag added!!
Anyone as submitted the issue?

Magento Community
Magento Community

benfrain.com

Total Posts:  142

Seem to have this problem on a new 1.2.0.3 installation. Anyone got a workaround? I have the add tags box but when you add a tag and click ‘Add Tags’ you don’t get any confirmation message at the top of the page and it does not appear Admin side in the Pending Tags section. For the record, the reviews part is working fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

benfrain.com

Total Posts:  142

Added a bug report if anyone wants to follow it: http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=5030

Magento Community
Magento Community

talmor

Total Posts:  43
Israel

Any news on this one ?  It’s funny because I’ve seem many websites that these features work on

Magento Community
Magento Community

talmor

Total Posts:  43
Israel

SOLV ED!  Apparently this is some sort of template issue, a while back when I started to work with Magento I created my own template and copied the Tag folder inside frontend/mytemplate/mytemplate/template.  So now all I did is put my template under the default template like this app/design/frontend/default/mytemplate and deleted the tag folder under template.

So now magento uses the Tag folder of the default template rather than my old copy.  I can’t say what exactly the problem is but now all is working great and nothing changed in my template since I did not do any customization to this tag folder.

Magento Community
Magento Community

justintime67

Total Posts:  188

I cant believe that actually worked!! For anyone using a non-custom template (especially from Algozone) this will allow your customers to add tags!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sachin savale

Total Posts:  3

This problem occur for new installed theme.Solution is that change the name of input-box from ‘tagName’ to ‘productTagName’ in app/design/frontend/default/newtheme/template/tag/list.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scorgit

Total Posts:  11

Hi there,

I stumbled upon this post while looking for a solution to my problem (version 1.4.1.0).

Edit tag for registered customers is not possible, you get the 404 no-route page.

Situation:
- go to My Account
- go to My tags
- click on a tag you’ve added in the store
- try to edit the tag

The result is the no-route page. Why? After hours of searching, it seems in the 1.4.1.0 version it is not possible anymore for registered customers to edit their tags. In my (obviously from an older Magento version converted) theme however, the link to the edit page is stil there.

By comparing the frontend/base/default/template/tag/customer/view.phtml with the same file provided in my theme, one can notice that the line with getEditTagUrl() has been removed. Another hint is the absence of the edit.phtml file in the frontend/base/default/template/tag/customer directory.

So, what I did to verify my suspicion, is I renamed my templates version of view.phtml to view_myOwnTheme.phtml so it would be disregarded by Magento. Magento now uses its own base version of view.phtml, and voila, no link to edit the tag. All I have to do now is copy the base version to my own theme and adapt it to my needs.

Thought I’d share this with the community, hope it helps others too!

Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

ceefour

Total Posts:  52
Bandung, Indonesia

vwmatt - 17 December 2008 07:53 PM

Did you know what caused the ___SID=U thing? I just got hit by it and I’m puzzled as to why! :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community