Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 4 of 4
Products import successfully but do not appear in backend or frontend. 

Rabee3

Total Posts:  9
Amman

An external snippet you run if you dont have a lot of products, or you have a lot of time for a fix. run from shell , drop the file on the root folder of magento.

<?php

require_once 'app/Mage.php';

umask(0);

Mage::app('admin');

$products Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->getCollection();

foreach(
$products as $pro){
                $pro
->setStatus('true');

$pro->save();
                        unset(
$pro);

$counter++;
                echo 
"\r  " $counter;

}

?>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

npoulin

Total Posts:  1

I had this issue. I was using import not dataflow, It reported a successful import but some of the products weren’t there. In the system.log however there were some errors. It turned out the problem was the csv file wasn’t UTF-8. Once I fixed that all the products imported correctly. So check your logs maybe there are some errors there that didn’t get reported to the webpage.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ricardoquiroz

Total Posts:  1

remyamohan85 - 11 October 2011 08:59 PM

Hi All

I Found the solution

Try to Upload the csv with “status” as value 2.
And you can see all ur products on back office but with status as Disabled.
Now select all products and Cilck on “Actions” select Update Attributes tou can then changes the status there to Enabled.It works fine for me
peacefully for 100 products.
Enjoy Coding smile

That did the trick for me. Thanks!

People, the issue here is that when importing the data is not actually imported, so what needs to be fix is the importation process, and by importing using status 2 (disabled) and changing it manually does the trick.

Ricardo

Magento Community
Magento Community

babumsouza

Total Posts:  2

SOLUTION IN ENGLISH FOR MAGENTO IMPORT .CSV PRODUCTS

For those of you that have felt de frustration after importing a product list in .csv format in Magento, finding all data perfectly imported in Admin, only to find that the products do not appear in the client front view. It happens because Magento uses encryption and identification when configuring your store.
The importation script that Magento uses is not considering this encryption.

To solve this problem, follow these steps:
After importing your product list in .csv format, go to Product Management in Magento Admin.
Check the check boxes of the products that you imported and click on “Edit status”, then select “Activate”, and “Send.”
Magento will use the activation script, using encrypting and identification. The products should now appear for the end users. 

It worked fine for us; hope it will help you guys as well.

Bruno Monteiro - bruno.monteiro@digisales.com.br
Barry Koot - barry.koot@digisales.com.br

SOLUTION IN PORTUGUESE - PARA IMPORTAÇÃO DE PRODUTOS VIA .CSV MAGENTO

Para vocês que já tiveram a frustração de importar um lista de produtos no formato .csv no magento e ver tudo perfeito no Admin,
só que no front view do cliente o produto não aparece, não se desespere!

Isso acontece por que o magento utiliza um a chave de criptografia e identificação definida no momento da configuração da loja.

Sendo assim, o script de importação utilizado pelo magento, não está considerando esta chave ao importar os produtos. Por isso no Admim aparece tudo perfeito, mas para o usuário final o produto não é visto.

Para solucionar este problema siga as seguintes etapas:

1) Após realizar a importação com sucesso da sua lista de produtos no formado .csv, vá a página de gerenciamento de produtos no Magento: Catálogo/Gerenciar Produtos
2) Marque os check-box de todos os produtos que você importou. E clique sobre a Ação: Alterar Status, em seguida selecione o Status: Habilitar. Clique sobre o botão Enviar.
3) Dessa forma o Admin do magento irá processar o script de HABILITAÇÃO do produto, utilizando a chave de criptografia/identificação utilizada no ato da configuração da loja.

Ps. Para mim funcionou! Espero poder ajudar vocês.
Bruno Monteiro - bruno.monteiro@digisales.com.br
Barry Koot - barry.koot@digisales.com.br

Image Attachments
ValidadoAImportacaodeProdutosMagento_ViaKey.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

detrochsetters

Total Posts:  8

I have the same problem (version 1.7.0.2). I have read the other solutions in this topic, the solution I found is easy and works. Here it was also the (Dutch) language problem.

1. Open the format to make a new product
2. Look to the fields ‘type’, ‘status’ and ‘visibilty’ and see wich values (I think words of your own country) you have.
3. Check your .CSV format and check of they are the same.
4. Adjust that fields in your .CSV format, the English names are ‘simple’ (type), ‘enabled’ (status) and ‘catalog, search’ (visibility). I change that words for all products in the country name ‘simpel product’ (type), ‘ingeschakeld’ (status) and ‘catalogus, zoeken’ (visibility).

In my case the problem was solved and I see the products again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren Felton

Total Posts:  2
Minneapolis

Just wanted to post about my experience. May just happen to save someone else hours of anguish. However if they find themselves here I’m guessing there’s a good chance they’re already to that point.

For a custom module of mine, I had written my own Admin controller which would take in a CSV file that would update / import products. Customer wanted to use a CSV format of his own that he found easier to use, and was not compatible with Magento’s out of the box import/export tool. Anyways, newly imported products would import just fine… ALMOST. They showed up on the front end of the website correctly, and they would show up under “Category Products” to the category they had been assigned to. However, they would NOT show up under the “Manage Products” grid. I could however, directly open the product for editing by knowing the product ID and going to the URL directly. After simply saving the product from the edit product form it would then appear in the Manage products grid. Of course this would not work for the client.

After endless hours of pouring over code I finally discovered what was happening. See, this client’s site had a multiselect field added to the Manage Products grid (yes, I know this doesn’t make sense, since you can have multiple values on a multiselect, and the products grid only will show one value per row. He asked for it and insisted I add it anyway). Well, this attribute was not being set within my Admin controller’s logic for newly created products. Therefore, the product would not have any record in the ‘catalog_product_entity_varchar’ for this attribute. Because of this, it just so happened that the product was being filtered out of the collection on the Manage Products grid, even before any search terms were being applied.

My solution was simply to add this in the import script:

$product->setData('attribute_code_of_my_multiselect_attribute'null);

This is a pretty unique scenario so I doubt anyone will use this advice anytime soon. But should they find themselves in a similar scenario I hope this helps. This would apply to any import script you write for products, and you just so happen to have a multiselect added to the “Manage Products” grid. You need to set a value for that product attribute on the import. Even if it is just setting it to null.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 4 of 4