Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products import successfully but do not appear in backend or frontend. 

reallove0810

Total Posts:  3

My site do not appear upload images and browse upload. I think problem from hosting. We can chose other provide.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

super tonio

Total Posts:  57

chfast is a genius! their SQL statement worked. thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alberth

Total Posts:  1

Had the very same problem. Noticed my interface language in Magento admin was Finnish, so I assumed the “status” attribute wasn’t importing properly. Changing it back to English (US) and reimporting did the trick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

remyamohan85

Hi All

I Found the solution

Try to Upload the csv with “status” as value 2.
And you can see all ur products on back office but with status as Disabled.
Now select all products and Cilck on “Actions” select Update Attributes tou can then changes the status there to Enabled.It works fine for me
peacefully for 100 products.
Enjoy Coding smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre Gugliotti

Sao Leopoldo, RS, Brazil

Guys,
I dont think thats a bug (in the original meaning of bug)!

I’m using 1.6.1.0 and lost 2 hours trying to solve this problem. I’m going to tell you: I’ve prepared products csv with the word ‘habilitado’ (available in Portuguese) with lowercase ‘h’. This fault has caused blank status and products not been listing. When I have changed to ‘Habilitado’, with uppercase H, all things have gone fine.

One miserable test to prevent this error on Import Tool would be a bless, specially on critical attributes!
Sometimes Magento drives me crazy!!! Hope this help everybody.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mumbomedia

Total Posts:  1

super tonio - 13 September 2011 11:53 AM

chfast is a genius! their SQL statement worked. thank you.

The same worked for me! Thanks alot!

Magento Community
Magento Community

samwashere

Total Posts:  6

Hi

It was really frustrating ...

My case:

version: 1.6.1.0

Wanted to import about 100 bundle and simple products
With data flow profiles had lots of troubles, eg. It did not recognised “sku” ????
Finally imported successfully but nothing appeared in the backend.
(In the front they was not suppose to appear yet)

Checked the database, but could not find any traces of the new products.
(It was my bad, actually they must have be there at his time)

Tried to import a few ones with Import
Of course the Import do not accept bundle products.
(It was not always like this and I do not know what happened.)

Finally created a new product and from the id I saw that my imported ones must be in the database.
You can open your product as described before
yoursite.com/index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/store/0/id/6666
where 6666 is the id of your product.

So my product’s SKU was dynamic, its weight was dynamic and It’s status did not have a value.
No need to tell that these values were correct in the csv.
You need to be extra careful with the csv files but it wont be enough.
I always use a prior export csv, always check the forms of the values, eg. languages must agree, but still ...

Finally I wondering If I use Magento anymore.

Pls. do not suggest to update. I updated Magento twice and each time I got more bugs.

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshshop

Total Posts:  88

Hi,

I came up this problem too. I had 1.5.1 but found out that my problem was that I had imported the products writing Enable insted of Enabled. Your really have to check that you are doing correctly. Normally I make one at backend and then export it so I can add all the items I need.

Magento Community
Magento Community

quicksand14

Total Posts:  150

This happened to me for a while. It was because I had non UTF-8 characters in my spreadsheet. Painful process but usually something simple. I cut my spreadsheet in half and did so until I found the error. Sometimes I just simply couldn\\\’t upload more than 1200 rows at the time, regardless of the memory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kukulcan

Total Posts:  22

Another thanks goes to “chfast” for the SQL, it works fine!

I had to remove the single quotes and the backslashes before the double quotes

Magento Community
Magento Community

brucehao

Total Posts:  4

I was experiencing the exact same problem. Sometimes I could import 100s, sometimes 25, sometimes 0.

For me, the PROBLEM/SOLUTION was that I copied and pasted some product descriptions from Word into Excel. Word often modifies certain types of punctuation into special characters, e.g. a regular apostrophe into a curved one, or a small dash into a longer one. It was these special characters that were causing the problem for me. Once I removed those characters, everything worked as should.

Hope this helps someone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kroeger

Total Posts:  11

I’m not sure but I think you can have problems with encoding or formating at all. You know, even the least mistake with one symbol and you data can not be imported or appeared on store. You can check whether your csv meets all the csv requirements for right formatting.

Hope it helped!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shirokovskiy

Total Posts:  28
Russian Federation

Hi all,
M-1.7.0.2 in Russian Lang.
First time I’ve meet same problem, but as I could see export file has some russian statuses, such as “Enabled” or “Catalog,Search”.
When I imported russian variant of CSV - everything was fine, except of view products in backend (and at all). But in database also everything was ok, except of catalog_product_flat_1 and cataloginventory_stock_status, cataloginventory_stock_status_idx.
Some guys here suggested about case of letters, etc… and I’ve got idea that Import/Export must be always in Englich (because of some keywords in database).
In my case, in English version everything goes fine. Even if some text fields (description, etc.) has russian words.
Of course everything should be in UTF-8.

Also, I used Semicolon (;) and didn’t use (") for values.

But, sometimes, trying to re-import and re-import I found out - it happens sometimes again. Tables I described above has not enough rows after import.

Then I start analyze CSV fields (after export). I found some interesting field ‘stock_status_changed_automatically’ which always empty (for any row). I set it to 1, and tested few times to import it. I mean I restored my database everytime before I test it.
Scheme of test:
1. restore database via command line (optional if you just start to import, but be sure to make backup)
2. clear (delete folder) /var/cache. If necessary, clear some of inner folders in /media/catalog/products (if you imported with images before it)
2. login to CMS
3. tune Import All Products (if necessary: in my case I use “Value Delimiter” as ; and “Enclose Values In” as nothing and local folder /var/export ). Save it.
4. in your exported CSV file, find column ‘stock_status_changed_automatically’ and set it to 1. Save it in /var/export/. (or where you tuned in #3)
5. Run Profile (wait) smile
6. check your “Manage Products”
After import I didn’t clear cache or anything additional. New products was there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage_Lover

Total Posts:  29

Well, I’d suggest doing the following for Magento version 1.5

1) The csv file which you, open it in OpenOffice
2) Save the file and click on “Edit Filter Options” in OpenOffice
3) Save the file in UTF-8 format and upload it again.

Voila!

The above worked for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bill_baroud

Total Posts:  4

I resolved it by changing the status value from “1” to “Enabled”.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community