Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Products import successfully but do not appear in backend or frontend. 

amartinez
Guru

Total Posts:  347
Spain

gmgarcia53 - 15 May 2011 10:47 AM

Hello,

I’ve upgraded to version 1.5.1.0 from 1.5.0 but am still having this exact issue.

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks,

We have new version: 010, please update it at magentoconnect.

About your problems: you solved it? Do you use the -a option?

Cheers!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

Ba11le - 17 May 2011 12:01 AM

Which data structure should be used for searching an element in an array in constant time in case of average case?

Can you explain a little more? Are you talking about product’s import?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gmgarcia53

Total Posts:  19

amartinez - 18 May 2011 05:19 AM

gmgarcia53 - 15 May 2011 10:47 AM
Hello,

I’ve upgraded to version 1.5.1.0 from 1.5.0 but am still having this exact issue.

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks,

We have new version: 010, please update it at magentoconnect.

About your problems: you solved it? Do you use the -a option?

Cheers!

Hi Martinez,

What do you mean by the -a option?

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Spain

Hi Martinez,

What do you mean by the -a option?

It’s short to: “-c -f -p -r” options

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevemac007

Total Posts:  3

Same issue here, although I have checked the catalog_product_entity table in mysql and it doesn’t seem that its importing them at all.

For the record Magento 1.5.1.0, attempting to import 5 test products that validate fine on the import page, but just don’t appear when I confirm the import.

It succeeds with no error message, but there are no products imported into the product list.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jasper Zeinstra

Total Posts:  1
Netherlands, Groningen

SOLUTION (or check if you have this correct):

I also had this problem. Found out that I had a translation file that translated the “Status” option “Enabled” to “Ingeschakeld” (Dutch). In my import CSV I used the English word. The script returned that everything was ok. But once i checked what Angelica said:

Angelica - 18 April 2011 10:41 AM

Hi,

At the backend, click at

http://www.yoursite.com/index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/productid/key/yourmagentokey

Being:

www.yoursite.com= your url address
productid= the id of the product you want to edit ( obs: that’s the MAGENTO id, not the sku number!!)
youmagentokey= your key for the Magento Backend.

You’ll be able to access the product page, change its status to “enabled”, save and… voila! You can see it at your backend list.

I took a look in the Database and saw that the status attribute didn’t had a value. So I added a product, exported it and saw that “Status” needed to have the value “Ingeschakeld”.

Hope this also helps your problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

czechcloud

Total Posts:  5

I also got this problem just now. Database restarted, hosting restarted, db checked and everything is ok. The products just import, but you still cant see em in the backend or frontend. Using the latest stable build, ut doesnt work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

czechcloud

Still doesnt work. I have tried to directly upload the data to database, but i still get this error :

(1,’catalog_product’,’append’,’a:101:{i:1;a:86:{s:3:\"sku\”;s:10:\"ANPR-EN001\”;s:6:\"_store\”;s:0:\"\”;s:14:\"_attribute_set\”;s:5:\"Cards\”;s:5:\"_type\";s:6:\"s..............................(etc.)

Syntax error near ‘’a:101:{i:1;a:86:{s:3:\"sku\”;s:10:\"ANPR-EN001\”;s:6:\"_store\”;s:0:\"\";s:14:\’ at line 2

Magento Community
Magento Community

czechcloud

Still doesnt work. I have tried to directly upload the data to database, but i still get this error :

(1,\’catalog_product\’,\’append\’,\’a:101:{i:1;a:86:{s:3:\\\"sku\\\”;s:10:\\\"ANPR-EN001\\\”;s:6:\\\"_store\\\”;s:0:\\\"\\\”;s:14:\\\"_attribute_set\\\”;s:5:\\\"Cards\\\”;s:5:\\\"_type\\\";s:6:\\\"s..............................(etc.)

Syntax error near \’\’a:101:{i:1;a:86:{s:3:\\\"sku\\\”;s:10:\\\"ANPR-EN001\\\”;s:6:\\\"_store\\\";s

Magento Community
Magento Community

sbx_slick

Total Posts:  2

After importing using the Datflow Profiles - Import All Products, try:

1. add a new test product

2. use the Export utility.

3. open up the CSV, and update the status field as it should appear in your test product

4. use the Imort utility.

Everything should appear normal.  You may need to also update the Visibility field in the CSV.

Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

Theodore Doan

Total Posts:  26
Hanoi, Vietnam

Hello all,

To fix the issue you just have to insert some records to {table_prefix}catalog_product_entity_int table:

1. Select entity_type_id:

SELECT `entity_type_id` FROM eav_entity_type WHERE `entity_type_code` = ‘catalog_product’

2. Select attribute_id of “status” attribute (entity_type_id get from 1 above):

SELECT attribute_id FROM eav_attribute WHERE entity_type_id = {entity_type_id} AND attribute_code = ‘status’

On my database entity_type_id = 10

=> SELECT attribute_id FROM eav_attribute WHERE entity_type_id = 10 AND attribute_code = ‘status’

3. Insert to catalog_product_entity_int

INSERT INTO catalog_product_entity_int (entity_type_id,attribute_id,store_id,entity_id,value) VALUES({entity_type_id},{attribute_id},0,{entity_id},1);

On my database attribute_id = 273

=> INSERT INTO catalog_product_entity_int (entity_type_id,attribute_id,store_id,entity_id,value) VALUES(10,273,0,{entity_id},1);

You just have to get all entity_id of all new products which have been imported in catalog_product_entity table then fill in to the INSERT query above.

PS: Please re-index your site after doing all things above.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chfast

Total Posts:  15

Based on previous post, I created following horribly long query that sets status of products that do not have it set to Disabled.
If you want Enabled value - change 2 to 1.

INSERT INTO `catalog_product_entity_int` (`entity_type_id`, `attribute_id`, `store_id`, `entity_id`, `value`)
SELECT `entity_type_id`, (SELECT `attribute_idFROM `eav_attributeWHERE `entity_type_id` = (SELECT `entity_type_idFROM `eav_entity_typeWHERE `entity_type_code` = "catalog_product") AND `attribute_code` = "status") AS `attribute_id`, AS `store_id`, `entity_id`, AS `valueFROM `catalog_product_entityWHERE `entity_idNOT IN (SELECT `entity_idFROM `catalog_product_entity_intWHERE `attribute_id` = (SELECT `attribute_idFROM `eav_attributeWHERE `entity_type_id` = (SELECT `entity_type_idFROM `eav_entity_typeWHERE `entity_type_code` = "catalog_product") AND `attribute_code` = "status"))

Magento Community
Magento Community

chfast

Based on previous post, I created following horribly long query that sets status of products that do not have it set to Disabled.
If you want Enabled value - change 2 to 1.

INSERT INTO `catalog_product_entity_int` (`entity_type_id`, `attribute_id`, `store_id`, `entity_id`, `value`)
SELECT `entity_type_id`, (SELECT `attribute_idFROM `eav_attributeWHERE `entity_type_id` = (SELECT `entity_type_idFROM `eav_entity_typeWHERE `entity_type_code` = \"catalog_product\") AND `attribute_code` = \"status\") AS `attribute_id`, AS `store_id`, `entity_id`, AS `valueFROM `catalog_product_entityWHERE `entity_idNOT IN (SELECT `entity_idFROM `catalog_product_entity_intWHERE `attribute_id` = (SELECT `attribute_idFROM `eav_attributeWHERE `entity_type_id` = (SELECT `entity_type_idFROM `eav_entity_typeWHERE `entity_type_code` = \"catalog_product\") AND `attribute_code` = \"status\"))

Magento Community
Magento Community

reallove0810

Total Posts:  3

How to fix:
- Go to Admin => Manage Product s => Chose products you want appear => Select tab Inventory and Set Qty to number >=1
Set Stock Availability is In Stock. Then Save. Now you can refresh you page.
Other way you can go to System => Configuration => Catelog => INVENTORY => Stock Options => Setlect YES at Display Out of Stock Products.
Now i think u have understand why the product not appear on you home page.
Note: If the products hasn’t yet appeared. You go to System => Cache Management => Flush Cache Storage.
Have fun. Bye

Magento Community
Magento Community

chfast

The imported products do not appear in admin. You cannot anything.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4