Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Products import successfully but do not appear in backend or frontend. 

mikecallow

Total Posts:  31
Preston, Lancs

Hi guys,

Got a slight problem when I import my CSV of new products, the CSV imports successfully, but when I check the Catalog > Manage Products I don’t see any of my new products.

I imported exactly like this a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine, all required fields are there and Magento reports no problems when it checks the CSV.

Any ideas folks? It’s driving me mad!

Regards,
Mike

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Maddis

Total Posts:  13

Did you search within your Database?

If it’s not there, it might be a error in the import script.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lhmarketing

Total Posts:  1

I’m having this same problem. I have been battleing it for a while. I was able to import about 200 items in 10 pc increments but now it’s not even taking that. Any solutions on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

angelicakm

Total Posts:  27

What Magento version are you using?

It seems that 1.50 version has been presenting this bug:

when you import the cvs or xml file , Magento “erases” all the data in the “status” column, that defines if the product is enabled or disabled.
Being “unclassified”, those products don’t appear at the backend.

You can see that usually those products are actually in your database: try to add a new product and click at the option “ Up-sells” or “Cross-sells”: all the imported products are there, and the “status” field is blank.

Just for the record: I have diagnosed the problem, but I am still struggling to fix it.

Exporting the products and importing them again didn’t work for me ( since, when you import the products again, Magento erases the status data all over again), nor editing the cvs file through ftp.

Now I am trying to change the data directly at mysql database, I’ll let you know if it works…

If anyone has an easier solution, please…

I have found out that several people are having this same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

angelicakm

Hi,

I have found a not very practical solution for this problem, that only works if you have few products, but at least you can confirm that the bug is the one I described.

At the backend, click at

http://www.yoursite.com/index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/productid/key/yourmagentokey

Being:

www.yoursite.com= your url address
productid= the id of the product you want to edit ( obs: that’s the MAGENTO id, not the sku number!!)
youmagentokey= your key for the Magento Backend.

You’ll be able to access the product page, change its status to “enabled”, save and… voila! You can see it at your backend list.

BUT.... the patience is going to be ended in a few minutes.

Like I said, that’s a solution if you have few products to import.

If you’re like me ( I have over 5,000 items) you’ll want to kill yourself after a few products.

That’s why I’m still looking for a more effective solution for this problem, but I hope my solution helps anyone…

Magento Community
Magento Community

finium

Total Posts:  1

I had the same issue with importing via a CSV file but the products did not show up in admin product management.

My workaround solution is to use Angelica\\\\\\\’s method to update the product one by one. However I used iMacros for Firefox (http://www.iopus.com/imacros/firefox/?ref=fxmoz) to record my mouse and keyboard actions and play it back. I just let it run for a few hours and all the products seems to be there now in product management.

I used the examples given by iMacros to write some simple Javascript code that looped through all the \\\\\\\"hidden\\\\\\\" product pages to process all the actions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

Just to say you perhaps should have a look at magmi , which performs fast imports.
While still in development, it can already handle many things and even some that dataflow cannot.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikecallow

Total Posts:  31
Preston, Lancs

Well I managed to fix this by exporting all products CSV using DataFlow then adding my products to it, then reimporting using DataFlow.

Seems to work now, even though product IDs have shot up after the load of ‘ghost’ imports I was doing.

I’m not sure if my problem was the same as the ones you guys have, but maybe this will help (I hope it does).

Regards,
Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Total Posts:  347
Spain

Do you tried to automatically reindex after import?

php -f shell/reindex.php

I add these options to my import script. Please try it and give me some csv example if you find problems.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

james1892

Total Posts:  25

Anybody managed to fix this on upload without having to manualy fix it?

Im having the exact same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

james1892

Total Posts:  25

I seem to have fixed this now. I changed the status feild from “1” or “enabled” as I had tired both, to “Enabled” the capital being important.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgarvie

Total Posts:  5

I have the above problem, confirmed via the same method, but not fixable using the Enabled trick.. everything looks normal in phpMyAdmin, will post again once I get it figured out

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgarvie

Total Posts:  5

Okay - so the CSV import/export software is terribly buggy and simply bad. It should have never been released in this form.

I finally got my products to import by exporting a product that displayed correctly and copying all of it’s data. I had done this originally but had not been careful enough to preserve EVERY nuance.

Also, to the hackers: Switching the failed imports to “Enabled” via the admin system updates no fewer than SEVEN database tables. Do not bother trying to hack your solution together; figure out how to work with Magento’s failure of an I/E system.

Good luck all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

angelicakm

Hi Guys!

I am HAPPY to have discovered that this bug has been solved in Magento 1.5.1.0 version.

What I did: upgraded my Magento Store to the new version, and runned dataflow again- problem solved.

Everything went on beautifully.

Hi hope you all have luck as well!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

amartinez
Guru

Total Posts:  347
Spain

Good!

A tip: you can now import and EXPORT with my free extension: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/amartinez/extension/6513/amartinez_customimportexport

Hope it helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

gmgarcia53

Total Posts:  19

Hello,

I’ve upgraded to version 1.5.1.0 from 1.5.0 but am still having this exact issue.

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4