Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Special Price” changes to “As low as” and needs price rules to be applied to return

hearsay

Total Posts:  72

I was designing the other night, and when I finished my work, the category displayed catalog price rules said “Regular Price: $XX.XX / Special Price: $XX.XX” in the theme, just like they do in the default themes. See the SECOND image below.

Today I was moving the development from my laptop to a separate box, and the prices on the page said “As low as: $XX.XX” instead. Figuring it was a problem with the migration, I went back and checked how the page looked on the laptop. Same thing. See the FIRST image below.

But see, the other day, when I finished working, it was how I wanted it: the special price line. So without anyone even accessing the page, much less modifying it, over the course of a few days, it seems like Magento decided to display it differently.

I couldn’t figure it out. I took a wild shot and went back to Catalog Price Rules and applied the rules again. Bingo. It looked right again.

So my question is simply, “What the hell?” Why does Magento seem like a living organism that gives me an unpredictable, super weird reaction about once a week?

Image Attachments
Picture 2.pngPicture 1.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jpwdesigns

Total Posts:  8

I have the same problem. would love a better solution then going in and hitting the apply rule button often.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gregersen

Total Posts:  57

i also have this problem… I’ve read something about setting up a cronjob.. But there have to be a better solution than this!??

Magento Community
Magento Community

alienpyro

Total Posts:  3

I noticed this as well too. It seems if you have multiple stores, and you have a price set for store 0 in `catalog_product_entity_decimal` as well as a price for the same product in another store, it puts that annoying lil phrase in “as low as”. If you remove the price for store 0 (the global price) and just have a price for your individual stores, its removes it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alienpyro

Wow that totally didn’t work. I deleted the entry from my second store and its still there. Before it was only on the store that had an entry for and as well as 0 while the the site with only the price for site 0 didnt display it. Now I deleted the the price for store 1, and its showing up on both.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alienpyro

weird....its back to normal.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community