Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bundle products and decimal places in options quantity

dlw

Total Posts:  27

I’ve had a search but it doesn’t seem like any one else as come across this issue.

This simple product is set up to allow decimals:
http://cooper-hydro-dynamics.co.uk/magento/1101-00-04-1-4-1sn-hose.html

The product is also part of a bundle http://cooper-hydro-dynamics.co.uk/magento/1-4-1sn-std-1-wire-hose-assembly.html but this is where the issue arises as it wont allow decimals as part of the quantity. It is critical for the bundle products that I find a solution to this? Does anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,
Darren

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bristweb

Total Posts:  15

know this is an old post, but it doesn’t look like you have this resolved...why not just change the length.  customer can enter length in cm, or mm instead of meters.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roberttwobears

Total Posts:  5

Many industries sell fractional quantities as a standard.  I am selling fabrics by the yard and having the ability for my customers to enter 1.5 for example is crucial.  A client isn’t going to do the math to calculate how much they need if I am forced to sell ‘by the foot’ the inch or whatever when they know they need 1.5 yards of fabric.  They will go to another site.  A satisfactory answer to this question is vital to the expansion of magento.

Robert

Magento Community
Magento Community

roberttwobears

Total Posts:  5

I think I found a solution that worked for me - slight pain to track down but here it is - I’ll let you know if it throws bugs

go to the directory yoursite.com/../yourmagentoinstal/app/code/core/CatalogInventory/Model/Stock/Item.php

on line 277 and 287 you will see an intval($qty) on 277 and an intval($origQty) on 288.  I believe commenting out these two lines with a // in front of them may give you the functionality you are looking for.

The logic could be written much better - for example a checkbox in the product creation phase that asks - “is fractional” if that box is checked have it open up a tag that will be displayed behind the QTY on the front end ie “price per Yard” or Price per pound. as an example

Maybe in the next version guys

Robert

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community