Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento and POS Options

murrayjw

Total Posts:  4

I work for a local retail shop that has a website using Magento. We want to install a POS system, but want to make sure it’s compatible with Magento. Our shopping cart is not very big, only about 1,600 products at this point, but plan on expanding, but will never reach millions or even hundreds of thousands of products.

What POS system is recommended for a retail operation? We would like the POS and any back office software as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mfreelancer

Total Posts:  2

Why not to use Magento as POS system… Just find additional extension for this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

robnnl

Total Posts:  16

Same here.

Using magento as POS is often very slow and takes too many steps (create order, create invoice etc.) I’d like to use normal software.
Unfortunately Magento Manager by Magnetic one doesn’t support creating new orders (yet) so i’m still waiting for the best solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

saswatasinha

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I would recommend that you use Quick Books as POS.And if you want to have an ERP system as a back office solution then you can go for SAP B1 which is one of the best ERP solution for SMEs.

Our Flagship Product ‘SBOeConnect’ is an integration platform between Magento and SAP Business One. We are fully utilizing the Magento web services APIs to integrate Magento and SAP Business One.

If you are interested to have an integration then we can do that for you.

Do let me know your thoughts over this.

Thanks
Saswata Sinha
Business Development Executive
Insync Tech-Fin Solutions Ltd.
http://www.sboeconnect.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

markoshust

Total Posts:  129
Cleveland, OH

Are you looking for a touchscreen-based or keyboard- & mouse-based POS? I’m beginning final round of development for touchscreen POS terminals that is cloud-based and has a backend API to communicate with any software that has the ability to communicate via web services (ex. Magento).

Chanj

It is marketed towards bars & nightclubs but will most definitely be able to work with retail operations. I would like to find out specifics on what you would need for Magento integration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webgility

Total Posts:  33
San Francisco, CA

Try QuickBooks POS system. 

And if you want to manage your products and inventory between your retail store and Magento online store, try eCC.  eCC integrates with QuickBooks POS and Magento.  The eCC Product module automatically syncs your product catalog, pricing and inventory between QuickBooks POS and Magento, thereby syncing both your retail and online stores.

For more info, visit: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/webgility/extension/1202/ecc-quickbooks-integration-for-magento

Try eCC out for free for 15 days at www.webgility.com. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Brenda.

Magento Community
Magento Community

usbswiper

Total Posts:  5

I’ve just finished our beta of USBSwiper for Magento.  It adds POS credit card swipe capability to the built in PayPal Payments Pro in 1.5.1+. 

I just added it to Magento Connect and it’s still Pending, but should be ready soon.  Contact me directly if you’d like more info before it’s available.

Magento Community
Magento Community

smartosc

Total Posts:  76
Ha Noi, Viet Nam

Hope that you have found the solution for your issue. Otherwise, you can take a look at our POS system for Magento:
http://saas.smartosc.com/extensions/x-pos.html

Using Magento as POS web front end but simplifying the order creation process to have an intuitive interface, I believe it can help every retail shops efficiently operate.

Jade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markoshust

Total Posts:  129
Cleveland, OH

I normally wouldn\’t recommend a competitor\’s POS system, but this one looks like what you are looking for http://www.lightspeedretail.com/

It\’s all mac-based and integrates right with Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magicpaul

Total Posts:  36
London, UK

caspernick - 24 October 2011 05:25 AM

We looked at Lightspeed and decided against it for numerous technical reasons.  Ended up with ECC from Webgility bridging the gap between Quickbooks POS and our store.  We are pleased with the results and would recommend them.

Would you mind expanding a little on why you decided not to go for Lightspeed?

I am looking very closely at it right now as a potential replacement for our current EPOS system…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fitegym

Total Posts:  6
ITALY

Hello there,

I would recommend that you consider X-Pos and X-Barcode & RMA to handle inventory and synchronize stock in online and physical store.

We bought these modules recently and we are making thorough testing. Entire process, from the production of barcode to cash transactions is very fast and intuitive. Above all it’s managed entirely within Magento and any bridges with external software is needed: you have only one system for both online and offline sale.

Our definitive integration has not yet been completed entirely because some minor customization to better fit X-Pos our needs are still in development, but soon we will able to share our detailed review. Stay tuned if you might be interested in.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329
Columbus, OH

Microsoft Dynamics RMS is able to integrate nicely with Magento. We actually provide a connector to integrate the two:

Using the nChannel connector for Magento you can quickly and easily integrate and connect Magento to a variety of POS, ERP and accounting systems.

You can read more about our solution here: http://www.nchannel.com/connect-magento-2/

Hope that helps. If you’d like help regarding this, please contact us at any time.

Thanks,

Darren
nChannel.com
1-800-406-8217
info@nchannel.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

HarryVu

Total Posts:  27

I would like to present Magento POS extension. This extension is very useful for your store :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brainvire

Total Posts:  140
Mumbai

Hiya,

Please check our extensions here: http://ecomextension.com/

Thanks
Raj
Skype ID: brainvirebde

Magento Community
Magento Community

kkogler

Total Posts:  1
Silicon Valley

If you have sophisticated retail needs, please check out MicroBiz Cloud POS (www.microbiz.com).  MicroBiz is a cloud-based POS/inventory management system that runs on any platform (iPads, Android tablets, Mac’s, PC’s) and can manage a sophisticated retail business (bar codes, multi-store inventory, purchase orders/receiving, work orders, auto repleshment, promotions management, etc).  It plugs right into Magento w/o any customization or third party interface.  It won the 2013 Innovative Solution Award from the Retail Solution Providers Association.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community