Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

VAT on shipping extension

Genevieve

Total Posts:  22
Perth, Australia

Apologies - my German is non existant!

Webshopapps have developed an extension for a client in Sweden which calculates tax(VAT) on shipping & handling, dependent on the tax rate of the contents in the cart. I’m looking to add algorithms of calculation to cover the tax rules for other EU countries. I would really appreciate some feedback on requirements to meet the needs of German VAT calculations, so I can bring this to market in some useful way for others.

For example:
*VAT on shipping calculated against the highest VAT rate in the cart
*Calculated using the rate applied to the largest value of items of a tax class in the cart
etc.

You can email with any requirements or repost on this forum.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kunzi

Total Posts:  44

Did you ever finish the extension?

Here in Finland the shipping fee’s VAT should be calculated by the ratio of the products bought.

So let’s say Product A has VAT 23% and Product B has VAT 9%

Customer makes the following purchase:
Product A 40 eur, incl VAT 23%
Product B 60 eur, incl VAT 9%
Shipping fee 10 eur incl VAT

Shipping fee’s VAT should be calculated like this:
4 eur of the shipping fee with VAT 23% 0,75 eur
6 eur of the shipping fee with VAT 9% 0,50 eur
Shipping fee’s total VAT 0,75 + 0,50 = 1,25 eur

I don’t know if this is how it goes in other EU countries, but this should apply here in Finland. At least this is how I understand this thing.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community