Magento Forum

Double items in cart for configurable products

veracious

Total Posts:  114

It doesn’t happen every time which is the weirdest part.  I have 2 different sites that have been upgraded to 1.5.0.1 and now exihibit this problem.  When you add the product to the cart it adds two of them.  It also shows double on invoices, transactional emails, etc.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ffemtshok

Total Posts:  5

I posted something a little similar - when options are added to my products in 1.5.0.1 the price of the option is incorrectly doubled on the product page - when you go to checkout the price is correct though.  I still have no fix.

Magento Community
Magento Community

veracious

This might be slightly different.  I have seen 2 different problems. I am not sure your problem is a variant of either of what I have seen or a 3rd yet similar problem. 

Here are the two versions of the bug:

1) Add a product to the cart, two of that product are added to the cart and it states twice: “such & such” was added to your shopping cart.

2) On the back end configurable products show double on orders. My friend says it is the simple associated products.  Not too big of a problem as the price is $0.

In both of these problems with v.1.5.0.1 they do not happen all the time and are not linked to specific problems, or we have not noticed any such patterns as of yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

So far we are unable to reproduce.  Can you provide additional details? What are you running, were these upgrades or fresh installs (If upgrades, what did you upgrade from)

Can you also provide screen shots or anything else which might be useful for our side to try to reproduce. Thanks!

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

veracious

They are upgraded to version 1.5.0.1 which is when the problem arises.  I can do you one better, I can give you access to a site with the problem.

This site is a test dev site and can be played with.  Let me know if the mage devs what ftp access or access to the backend or anything else.  It doesn’t happen every time, but the problem is that when you add products to the cart on the front end it adds 2:
[url=http://www.407bits.com/modest/]linky[/url

This site was upgraded from 1.4.0.1]

Magento Community
Magento Community

tbradley22

Total Posts:  45

See the following link regarding products being doubled when added to cart:

http://www.optimiseblog.co.uk/magento-fix-internet-explorer-adds-twice-doubl-quantity-to-cart/

Magento Community
Magento Community

richardas

Total Posts:  1

I have the same issue in my orders. Magento 1.6.1.
The mentioned fix doesn’t work.
My line in addtocart.phtml:
<button type="button" title="<?php echo $buttonTitle ?>” class="button btn-cart” onclick="productAddToCartForm.submit(this)"><span><span><?php echo $buttonTitle ?></span></span></button>

Can anyone help ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

It is a strange behavior with the duplicates. You can try to use GoMage ProCart extension. It allows a customer choosing the necessary quantity and updates a cart with Ajax. So, it saves much time and a customer enjoys the shopping process.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community