Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Order Options Double in Price

ffemtshok

Total Posts:  5

Hi All,

Just upgraded to 1.5.0.1 and got everything to work!  I noticed that when order options are added on the product page the automated total adds double what the customization should be - i.e. if an option on a $5 item is $15 the order total on the product page displays $35 rather than $20.

Despite this, when the order goes to checkout however, the order amount is correct in the shopping cart.  I\’m at a loss on how to fix this - let me know if you have any ideas!

You can reproduce it at www.code1.us - most products have options and you can see the incorrect total on the order page and the correct total on the checkout page.

Thanks,
Rich

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iberkoko

Total Posts:  8

Hi there,

Did you ever fix this problem? I really need this resolved and have left questions everywhere but no one gets back to me.

Thanks,

Iain

Magento Community
Magento Community

iberkoko

Total Posts:  8

Did you ever get this fixed? I too have this problem and really need for it to be solved. I have asked questions in many forums but no one comes back to me!

What did you do in the end?

Regards,

Iain

Magento Community
Magento Community

ffemtshok

Yes it got fixed but I can’t think of what the solution was!  Let me give it some more thought and I will let you know if I remember.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vaders_helmet

Did you ever figure out how you did this?

Another thread askign teh same question…

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/327620/

Magento Community
Magento Community

i9design

Total Posts:  2

having the same problem as well.. upgraded from 1.4.0.1 to 1.6.0.0 All configurable products with price options are added double to the cart.  $4.50 product with $2.00 options totals to $8.50 rather than $6.50

Please help, thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i9design

Total Posts:  2

Solved this error finally, after digging through the code looking for code that was doubleing the price.  Unlike almost any other bugs, this one was cause not by the skin, javascript, or custom template, but by the fact the installing new magento overwrites the old files, but only overwrites the old files when there are new ones to replace them.

In otherwords, after upgrading to 1.6.0.0 , I still had some straggling 1.4.0.1 files left. In some places in the code and directory structure, things have been moved into new folders.  The old files do not get overwritten in that case.

Basically, going through the site, and deleteing all the remaining old files solved this bug.  Upgrade > new files replace the old ones > some old ones remain.  Look there.

I used Beyond Compare to do this. fyi

A

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community