I’m new to Magento but I see it’s a nice piece of software, just need to figure it all out.
My navigation has categories and sub categories, for some reason the category is picking up the first link in the subs rather than just having a link to the category.
What I’m trying to is have a navigation with category A with subs A#1 A#2 etc. You click on A and get a landing page with a description of the category and then maybe list the subs underneath it.
Not sure why it’s picking up the first sub, probably a nube questions.
This is what our top.phtml looks like
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to so we can send you a copy immediately.
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade Magento to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize Magento for your
* needs please refer to http://www.magentocommerce.com for more information.
* @category design_default
* @package Mage
* @copyright Copyright (c) 2008 Irubin Consulting Inc. DBA Varien (http://www.varien.com)
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
* Top menu for store
* @see Mage_Catalog_Block_Navigation
<?php foreach ($this->getStoreCategories() as $_category): ?>
<?php echo $this->drawItem($_category) ?>
<?php endforeach ?>
It’s a work in progress but you can see it here.
Also the whole site runs very slowly anyone know how to speed Magento up?