Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I set up the availability with a future date? 

hsuumon

Total Posts:  1

Hello,
Does anyone know how to set up the availability with a future date? Right now, I only see “In Stock” and “Out of Stock”. When I choose “Out of Stock”, the item doesn’t show up on the store front. I want to be able to set up in a way that the customer would know the exact availability date and able to add to the cart. For example: on the product page, I want it to say:

Availability: Out of Stock (Expected availability date - 4/30/2011)

Thank you so much in advance.  cool smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chadjmorgan

Total Posts:  252
Michigan

hsuumon - 29 March 2011 11:37 PM

Hello,
Does anyone know how to set up the availability with a future date? Right now, I only see “In Stock” and “Out of Stock”. When I choose “Out of Stock”, the item doesn’t show up on the store front. I want to be able to set up in a way that the customer would know the exact availability date and able to add to the cart. For example: on the product page, I want it to say:

Availability: Out of Stock (Expected availability date - 4/30/2011)

Thank you so much in advance.  cool smile

My Custom Stock Status extension would work perfect for you! You can check it out here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/chadjmorgan/extension/4085/configurable_product_custom_stock_status

Let me know if you have any questions!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

You may also consider Custom Stock Status extension. It allows to show new statuses at texts or images, automatically change stock status message for low stock items (configurable) and many more.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Another option is the Custom Stock Labels by FME

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/12850/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community