Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Admin Base URL

bookapro

Total Posts:  5

System / Configuration / Admin / Admin Base URL

Where is this URL Stored?  We made a mistake in entering the URL and now the Admin is un useable.  We have tried to restore the database and the files, but can not seem to get the admin back online.  The error was the the Custom URL was entered without and slash marks so like this http:www.domain/admin/ So i think it is now looking at this as if it were a folder. 

Help how do we resolve this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I can’t apply the functionality.
If you need to rollback your action, go to core_config_data table.

Delete this keys (column name is path):
- admin/url/use_custom
- admin/url/custom
- web/secure/base_url
- web/unsecure/base_url

Magento Community
Magento Community

bookapro

Thanks.  Actuall I did something similar.  Since I knew what I had entered incorrectly in to the base URL I was able to search the database and find the entries described.  Once i changed them we were back in business.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonw101

Total Posts:  73

I just did the same thing and am completely stuck! Please help me!

I am new to Databases… i tried searching for the path but had no luck. What can i do?

I’m afraid to do anything with the DB because there are SO many products… I can’t afford to lose them.

I found:
SELECT * FROM `magento`.`core_config_data` WHERE (`config_id` LIKE ‘­min/url/use_custom%’ OR `scope` LIKE ‘­min/url/use_custom%’ OR `scope_id` LIKE ‘­min/url/use_custom%’ OR `path` LIKE ‘­min/url/use_custom%’ OR `value` LIKE ‘­min/url/use_custom%’)

in admin/url/use_custom

Should that be deleted?

Please help me, this is urgent!

Thanks so much,
Jon

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonw101

I am still stuck on this… can someone please help me! it will only take a few minutes of your time!

I am really in need of help…

Thanks,
Jon

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonw101

I hate to keep bumping this issue, but I am still struggling to figure this out.... I haven’t been able to figure it out nor find anyone to help me.. Please, someone give me a few moments of your time and help me out!! I am desperate!

Magento Community
Magento Community

vinnieh

Jon, what exactly are you having trouble with. What did you try?

This is how I would go about solving it:

Use a tool such as phpMyAdmin.  This is included with a lot of hosting services. I’m sure you can find one that is similar.

Anyways, this tool will allow you to see/modify records.  You can run mySql statements in it, but sometimes I just like to browse records using the browse tab.  It only shows me 30 records at a time, but changing the “show” field allows you to show any number.  Go to your core_config_data table and browse all records.

Sort them by clicking on the column heading.  This will allow you to search what you are looking for.  You can either search for the path column with the admin/whatever or you can search the value column that actually has the http://www.... that you typed in to change your admin url.  I only have around 430 or so records in that table to it’s not too big to search by scrolling.

Hope that helps.  Depending on what you see there is what your next action needs to be. Does the “value” column have a slash “/” at the end of it?  See if it’s the correct url that you were trying to change it to.  Messing with this table value won’t affect any of your products.

Oh, I forgot to mention, you can modify these values with a tool such as phpMyAdmin one by one using the user interface. No need for sql statements. I wouldn’t recommend using sql if you are new to databases. You may write one that accidentally corrupts a lot of data. I think there is an edit button that looks like a pencil. 

Vinnie

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Make sure you update the app/etc/local.xml file to have the correct value under admin frontName.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

You should not set the “web/unsecure/base_url” / “web/secure/base_url” values as those are used for the frontend. Only set the admin url.

PS: you can configure this through the Magento Admin Panel as well, you do not have to make the update directly in the database unless you are unable to access the admin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

No problem! Glad I could help smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

diglin

Total Posts:  93
Zurich - Switzerland

I’ld like to provide a resolved problem:

After followed the previous steps provided by Sindre, yo umay have an eventual problem of 404 error in the middle of your administration page. Explanation

If I want to have access to my admin shop with this address http://www.mydomain.com/myshop/myadmin/ after to have configured CORRECTLY the custom admin base url, I manage to get the login form.
After to have been logged, I have my administration page but in the middle of the page, instead to have the dashboard I have a 404 error. The page don’t manage to be redirected to the following address http://www.mydomain.com/myshop/index.php/myadmin/dashboard/, the address stay this one http://www.mydomain.com/myshop/myadmin/ and so that’s why I have this 404 error.

But to not have this problem with the administration, I put the option System > Configuration > Web > Url Options > Add Store Code Urls to No and then everything is ok. But I lose the possibility to have the store name in the front end !!!

Hope it’s help

Magento Community
Magento Community

pune

Total Posts:  7

Hi there,

I have an a serious problem.

How to:

I developed my site and the link from categories is not go properly......It should be like “..../index.php/shoes” but it goes like “.../shoes”
so it can’t find it. then i need to put “index.php” before categories’s name… why?

Then:

I went to back end i have change about “ base link url “ not base url....so it is more serious because when i go through google to search how to solve it only for when people change base url not BASE LINK URL.......the website work fine....no need to put index.php before categories’s name but i can’t access to back end instead of.... WHAT SHOULD I DO THEN......???

Please help me!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andymackk

Total Posts:  1

Just to say thanks for the tip to reset the admin URL.

It worked for me using PHPAdmin.

Moral of the story - dont change what you dont know grin

cheers

Andy

Magento Community
Magento Community

amnayh

Total Posts:  2

bonjour a tous ;

je voulais changer le chemin d’accee pour l’administrateur (www.mon-domaine.com/index.php/admin)

donc je suis aller dans :

System / Configuration,
- puis Advanced / Admin,
- Admin Base URL et enfin Custom admin URL. et j ‘ai taper (www.mon_domaine.com/administration)

et résultat plus rien , je ne peux plus accéder a mon backoffice de magento ; si il y a quelqu’un qui a eu le même problème peut m’aider , ca fait un moment que je suis bloqué , merci d’avance .

Magento Community
Magento Community

sanjaypapinazath

Total Posts:  23

HEy .. im in bit of a fix right now…

so i changed went to config -> web -> secure and changed the URL to https://xxxxxxx.com

now i cant login to my admin . it just gives me a time out error. What can I do? please help ... if i go into php my admin and reset delete something will i be able to log in to my admin panel?

Magento Community
Magento Community

PYRAD

Total Posts:  4

I don’t have access to phpmyadmin. Is there another way to change the admin base url back to NO?

Please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2