Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do you manage your stocktake? 

michamum

Total Posts:  124

Hi

Just wondering how you manage your stocktake with Magento?

Ideally I’d like a report to list the products and quantities - I can get this info from ‘Manage Products’ but I can export this to Excel - I would have to print each screen shown in Magento (about 50 pages!)

So I’m interested in how everyone else does it.  I’ve found some of my stock quantity doesn’t match what’s being shown in Magento.

Thanks for any info!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Simon Guest

Total Posts:  23

Hi

For me the quickest and easiest way to check the stock levels that are listed in Magento is to export all products through the import export tab under the system menu in admin.

It outputs in the your export folder and you can open it with excel

Then you can update it and import it again.

I hope this helps

Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community

michamum

Total Posts:  124

Ah, thanks so much, that\’s exactly what I was after - can\’t believe it was staring me in the face the whole time!!!!

Thanks again, I really appreciate your post!

Magento Community
Magento Community

buzz1

Total Posts:  1

I have been involved in quite a few eCommerce stock takes recently.

This description of how we did it for Surfdome.com shares what we learnt: http://ecommerce.peoplevox.co.uk/bid/206993/6-Tips-for-performing-a-stock-take-in-eCommerce

Magento Community
Magento Community

OlHi

Total Posts:  11

Hi, we have developed a stock taking extension including respective reports, which also facilitates stock takes utilizing a barcode scanner and various other features like considering open orders. Have a look at http://www.commercers-shop.com for more details.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community