Magento Forum

Attribute filter on a landing page?? 

De_Tomaso

Total Posts:  16

Can someone help me with my problem?

I would like to include an attribute filter, similar to those in layered navigation, on a product listing landing page. I have installed Improved navigation extension, so now each manufacturer has his own product page.

Each manufacturer has different series of his products and I made an attribute (dropdown type) manufacturer series. If I include this attribute in layered navigation it will have no sense since all the series from all the manufacturers will be in it. So I would like to know how is this possible to make??

The display of this attribute should be Filterable (with results).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

xmivite
Guru

Total Posts:  347

you created a attribute manufacture series.. what if you split that attribute into manufacture A series, manufacturer B series......etc..?  is that what you are tying to do .. its was a little hard to follow?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3756

Hello De_Tomaso,

Thank you for purchasing and using our Improved Navigation extension. At the moment plugin already allows hiding of some attributes per categorizes basis, so we can adopt it to show “Series” attribute only when manufacturer attribute is selected.  Please contact us via http://amasty.com/support.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

De_Tomaso

xmivite - 27 March 2011 12:49 PM

you created a attribute manufacture series.. what if you split that attribute into manufacture A series, manufacturer B series......etc..?  is that what you are tying to do .. its was a little hard to follow?

Let say we are selling cars and have products like this:

Ford Focus 1.6 gasoline
Ford Focus 1.8 gasoline
Ford Focus 1.6 diesel
Ford S-max 2.0 diesel
Ford S-max 2.0 gasoline
Ford Fiesta 1.8 gasoline
Audi A8 4.2 V8
Audi A8 4.2 TDI
Audi A6 3.0 TDI
Audi A7 3.0 TDI
Audi A7 4.0 TDI
Jaguar XF 3.0 diesel
Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 gasoline
Jaguar XKR 4.0 V8
Jaguar XJ 4.0 V8
Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6

So we have three manufacturers: Ford, Audi, Jaguar
We also have 9 manufacturers series: Facus, S-max, Fiesta, A8, A6, A7, XF, XKR and XJ
All together we have 16 products.

I would like to form my navigation like this. I would like to hide manufacturers series attribute in layered navigation, so that costumers could select only manufacturers. After manufacturer would be selected I would like to include navigation with manufacturers series attribute in a block of code above product listing and not in the left column where the rest of Layered navigation resides. Because of Improved navigation extension I can include this block on manufacturers landing page.

I saw this example in this page:

They have navigation made like this:

http://www.optics-pro.com/binoculars/20/m,Zeiss

They have layered navigation in left column but manufacturers product series selector appears above product listing when you select a specific manufacturer. I would like to have the same functionality. 

I will appreciate any help I can get.

Magento Community
Magento Community

De_Tomaso

Amasty - 27 March 2011 01:57 PM

Hello De_Tomaso,

Thank you for purchasing and using our Improved Navigation extension. At the moment plugin already allows hiding of some attributes per categorizes basis, so we can adopt it to show “Series” attribute only when manufacturer attribute is selected.  Please contact us via http://amasty.com/support.html

I will write to you soon and I also have to say that your extension is really worth the money. Even without the functionality I am looking for. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community