Magento Forum

Magento commentbox html messages extension for the orders comment history section. 

nekosan

Total Posts:  32

http://www.abcnet.ch/blog/blog-details/article/magento-order-backend-comment-box-extension-with-html-support.html

What does it do:

The extension enables you to predefine messages that you can use for the order’s comment history box. If you have general messages that you send to your customers from the backend then you can use this extension to do
just that.

In System > ABCnet.ch extensions > Comment box you can access the list of messages or add new ones. Messages are added using the WYSIWYG editor.

Then you can go and open an order in the backend, and in the “Comments history” section, you can see a new dropdown which enables you to select the messages you defined. After you choose a message, it’s added automatically with Ajax, no page refresh necessary.

You can then further customize your message if you want. Also, please note that by default, in Magento, these messages (if you choose to notify the client by mail) are sent as plaintext. This extension enables you to send them as HTML.

Installation instructions:

Copy the app folder to your Magento app folder

The extension has only been tested on Magento 1.5.0.1 and 1.4.0.1 but I assume it should also work for inbetween versions.

If you use a custom adminhtml theme, then you can just place the design/adminhtml files in your custom theme folder. By default, the template files are copied in adminhtml/default/default

Image Attachments
listview.jpgbackend.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

levymoshe

Total Posts:  2

Hi!

I installed your module but I get an error when I try to view an order on the back end:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘mdconsulmage.commentbox_comment’ doesn’t exist

What table should I create in SQL?
Can you please provide the SQL query to run?

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

MI

Total Posts:  172
Spain

Hi,

the idea is very good but it doesn’t work for me because the code doesn’t find some necessary methods.

I tried to fix it but the comments are sent in plain text, ignores the html tags.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sexiaoxiang

Total Posts:  15

I install successful in magento 1.4.0.1,but did not add new ones in System > ABCnet.ch extensions > Comment box,it show error:

Recoverable ErrorArgument 1 passed to Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action::_addLeft() must be an instance of Mage_Core_Block_Abstractboolean givencalled in F:\\phpweb\\magento1401.test\\app\\code\\community\\Abcnet\\CommentBox\\controllers\\Adminhtml\\ListController.php on line 43 and defined  in F:\\phpweb\\magento1401.test\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Adminhtml\\Controller\\Action.php on line 118

Trace
:
#0 F:\\phpweb\\magento1401.test\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Adminhtml\\Controller\\Action.php(118): mageCoreErrorHandler(4096, \'Argument 1 pass...\', \'F:\\phpweb\\magen...\', 118, Array)
#1 F:\\phpweb\\magento1401.test\\app\\code\\community\\Abcnet\\CommentBox\\controllers\\Adminhtml\\ListController.php(43): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->_addLeft(false)
#2 F:\\phpweb\\magento1401.test\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Core\\Controller\\Varien\\Action.php(418): Abcnet_CommentBox_Adminhtml_ListController->editAction()
#3 F:\\phpweb\\magento1401.test\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Core\\Controller\\Varien\\Router\\Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(\'edit\')
#4 F:\\phpweb\\magento1401.test\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Core\\Controller\\Varien\\Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#5 F:\\phpweb\\magento1401.test\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Core\\Model\\App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#6 F:\\phpweb\\magento1401.test\\app\\Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 F:\\phpweb\\magento1401.test\\index.php(78): Mage::run(\'\', \'store\')
#8 {main}

Thanks any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ecombuilders

Total Posts:  3

Magento 1.4.2

It worked just fine. But after a while i got this error:
Look like a file is missing?  (commentbox/adminhtml_list_edit_tabs) Any ideas?

(Detail: after 21 messages it stopped working)

Recoverable Error: Argument 1 passed to Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action::_addLeft() must be an instance of Mage_Core_Block_Abstract, boolean given, called in app/code/local/Abcnet/CommentBox/controllers/Adminhtml/ListController.php on line 43 and defined in /app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php on line 118

#0 app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(118): mageCoreErrorHandler(4096, \’Argument 1 pass...\’, \’/home/users/...\’, 118, Array)
#1 app/code/local/Abcnet/CommentBox/controllers/Adminhtml/ListController.php(43): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->_addLeft(false)
#2 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Abcnet_CommentBox_Adminhtml_ListController->editAction()
#3 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(253): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(\’edit\’)
#4 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#5 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#6 app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7index.php(84): Mage::run(\’storename\’, \’store\’)
#8 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community