Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

UK Tax

AndyM

Total Posts:  23

Has anybody got a complete set of UK tax rules yet? I am a little confused between rules and tax zones/rates what is the difference? presumably i set up rules as exempt, 5% and 17.5%?? what about zones/rates? also where does customer and product tax classes fit into all this?

I am looking to concentrate on getting set up for mainland UK first and then moving to channel islands etc at a later date but if anybody has set-ups for either scenario i would be most grateful.

Thanks

- Andy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

colin008

Total Posts:  84

The tax calculation per country is set up in the database table “tax_calculation_rate” .  I have just started to look into setting up tax rules for UK based shop shipping to EU country and non EU country. I’m starting to look at adding extra rules to this table and may be other tax tables in the database.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community