Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PHP Fatal Error - Memory size of 33554432 bytes - From 1.3.2.1 to 1.4.2.0

LewisSellers

Total Posts:  33

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to upgrade Magento from version 1.3.2.1 to 1.4.2.0 via SSH for the past couple of days now but I’m hitting a couple of problems along the way.

When I login to SSH, I’m running the following commands:

cd ./mydomain.com/html (This puts me into the HTML Directory for the site)
./pear mage-setup
./pear upgrade magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

The first ./pear mage-setup runs absolutely fine and there are no problems what so ever with that. However, when I run the second command, SSH successfully downloads all the files from the server then starts installing. Half way through the install, I get the following error:

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /chroot/home/MYSITE/MYDOMAIN/html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Installer.php on line 727

I’ve tried upping my php.ini memory limit to 1028mb and I’m still getting this error.

I tried this update yesterday and I got a similar message, but instead of installer.php, I received registry.php.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can complete the upgrade? It seems crazy that Magento would use so much in resources, It’s not a particularly active website.

Many thanks
Lewis

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community