When a product’s inventory level drops to zero, i would like the front-end to display a text string that can be customized in the back-end. So instead of just saying “Out of Stock”, the front-end would display whatever text string the admin person typed into a textfield attribute using the admin panel. If the product’s inventory level is above zero, the standard system text string of “In Stock” can stay the same.
Does anyone know how to do this please?
you may also consider this module: http://amasty.com/custom-stock-status.html.
With this module you’ll be able to:
- Create unlimited number of product stock statuses
- Assign stock statuses to products automatically or manually
- Display out of stock options of configurable products
- Use nice-looking icons for stock statuses
- Display stock statuses based on product quantity
Please visit the Custom Stock Status page to get more details, see the user guide and a live demo.