Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Changes in checkout process

Jose M Moreno

Total Posts:  58

Hello, I need to change some behaavours in the checkout process.

1. Disable the billing step or hide it
2. Make a option in shippment adress “Pick up in the shop”, in this case no address needed and the shipment method will be force to free
3. Could be possible to change the order of the steps, i.e. 1 Shipment method 2. Shipment Address 3. Billing (or hide it). and so on…

Thanks a best regards to all.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hi,

Please take a look at Checkout Fields Manager and Configurable Checkout extensions. First one allows for adding different types of fields to checkout steps, and the second one allows for disabling unnecessary checkout fields and steps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jose M Moreno

Total Posts:  58

Thanks, I’ve seen but I don´t think could be the solution, thanks a lot.

The Idea could be start the checkout process in Shipment step (default billing address and use diferent ship address as default) and just to add a button in shipment step call “Send to xxxxxxx”, when click that button just assign a new fixed ship address and skip to next step,

Any idea on how to modify the php or phtml files to do this??

Thanks a lot!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

To add more checkout fields in magento have a look at the Additional Checkout Attributes. It lets you add unlimited fields to checkout and registration which can be viewed in the admin panel + emails.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community