Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem using magento-core/Mage_Oscommerce migration tool! HELP PLEASE! 

lilquit

Total Posts:  23

I m using magento 1.1.6 version and am trying to import the oscommerce data using “Mage_Oscommerce”.

But it show the error message “1054 Unknown column ‘tax_class_id’ in ‘field list’”.

PLEASE HELP!!

Image Attachments
error.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lilicrashes

Total Posts:  30

I am having similar problems with the mapping feature of magento.. I can’t get it to read my files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lilquit

Total Posts:  23

support please! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

lilicrashes

Total Posts:  30

I gave up on the osCommerce plugin.. It is beta and it sucks..

I did try the import/export of dataflow.

instructions:
Make a test customer account in magento:
admin page --> go to system --> import/export -->Profiles

click on the export customers --> it will make an csv (comma separtated value) file. You will use that as your template. You have to download it ftp from magento. The path is magento/var/export

If you are using oscommerce there is a table in the mySql database with the customer information. You can do an export of the proper tables into an excel file. copy and paste that data into the template you got from magento. Be aware that you can only get firstname lastname, email, password and phone from that table. You will have to export the addresses table and manually match them up to the users..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you have a csv file (please make sure you use Open Office when creating this) you can go back to the import/export dataflow section and use the import customers sheet. Upload the new file you made, save it and run the profile. It should work…

Magento Community
Magento Community

befree22

Total Posts:  26

I have to migrate oscommerce data from creloaded to my Magento account and I looked at the customer import/export option (above) but first I’d like to see if the data migration tool works for me. I tried installing the extension for the osCommerce Migration Tool at http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/114/os-commerce-import into my account’s Magento Connect Manager, but I see that it’s asking that I “paste the extension key to install”. Could someone tell me where the required extension key is located or how to obtain it? Is it included in the osCommerce Migration Tool?

FYI: I am also reading the db import instructions at http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/creating_an_oscommerce_import_profile but again, I’d like to see if the data migration extension works first.

Magento Community
Magento Community

befree22

I found the extension key for osCommerce Migration Tool—the one that was provided with the Tool wasn’t working because you have to append the release version of the tool to the end of the provided key. Read the Reviews at the end of http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/114/os-commerce-import if you’re having this issue.

Now I’m on step #5 of the database import instructions at http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/creating_an_oscommerce_import_profile and it’s taking forever to “import...” using utf8 and latin1 charsets. By forever, I mean over 3 hours as other uses experienced but I had to logoff admin after 3+ hours. I’ll Run the profile again and give it more time and see how the charsets work.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

befree22

I was able to migrate my oscommerce/creloaded shopping cart using the MagentoConnect osc migration tool with the help of my very supportive webhost. Milestone moment. grin

The Magento oscommerce migration tool instructions at http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/creating_an_oscommerce_import_profile asks for a prefix for the osc db tables being migrated to Magento shopping cart. I entered cre as the prefix in admin>System>Import/Export>Oscommerce Profile and then I ran the profile. I kept getting the following error:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘themiracle_cre.creconfiguration’ doesn’t exist

but this specific table doesn’t exist and the cre_ prefix is not in any of the osc tables. My webhost removed the prefix and used utf8 and latin1 as the charsets and did a Run Profile. And Viola! All my customers orders, products, and logins transferred, except for the media>import files which I simply moved to media/catalog/products/ afterwards and I reverted the 777 to 775 for the images subcategories too.

Yes, my osc customers did get a “Newsletter Subscription” which is a known bug for this tool but there are less than 50 customers who received this email—not 8000 as another merchant “sent” out.

Phew! Oh how I love Magento and my new webhost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Elektronicanet

Total Posts:  10

I’d like to use the migration tool, and installed it succesfully. But I’m not able to create a profile. I fill in all fields, click Save, but nothing happens. If I leave necessary fields empty it returns an error. So it seems to be accepted, but it doesn’t show up in the Manage osCommerce Profiles screen. Anyone?

I just installed a fresh new Magento ver. 1.2.0.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hgrzesiek

Total Posts:  12

Hi all
I have same problem as above. I fill the fields and press save and nothing is happening. I also have installed the new fresh version of Magento 1.2.0.1. Thank you in advance for your help

Magento Community
Magento Community

Elektronicanet

Total Posts:  10

My solution was to use Easypopulate in Oscommerce, export to MS Excel. Then I created an import all products CSV and opened it too. It takes some time to move all data between the CSV files but at least it is safe. So I didn’t use the migration tool at all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashish96

Total Posts:  63
Gujarat, India

@Elektronicanet, have u completed ur work??
if yes then can u plz paste ur code here,,,
migration from osCommerce to magento is not successful using extension provided, any reason from anyone?
its not working atleast for me, i dont know if others are happy with it…

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagneticOneTeam

Total Posts:  253
USA

fifthave - 18 March 2009 02:57 PM

ashish96 - 18 March 2009 02:42 AM
@Elektronicanet, have u completed ur work??
if yes then can u plz paste ur code here,,,
migration from osCommerce to magento is not successful using extension provided, any reason from anyone?
its not working atleast for me, i dont know if others are happy with it…
Yes, the migration tool is for the earlier versions of magento.  Database structure along with many other things has changed and unfortunately, no one bothered to keep the migration tool up to date with current version.

If it’s still actual - You may wish to check out Cart2Cart - google for it
It supports complete migration to Magento from osCommerce and similar like CRE Loaded, including all versions of Magento and osCommerce / CRE Loaded. It’s actual and support latest versions of supported carts.

Disclaimer - it’s commercial service, but pretty cost-effective.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grut

Total Posts:  164
Ukraine

savajr - 22 March 2010 04:25 AM

If it’s still actual - You may wish to check out Cart2Cart - google for it
It supports complete migration to Magento from osCommerce and similar like CRE Loaded, including all versions of Magento and osCommerce / CRE Loaded. It’s actual and support latest versions of supported carts.

Disclaimer - it’s commercial service, but pretty cost-effective.

+100
Currently, Cart2Cart supports 24 most popular shopping carts. And I don’t see any reason to migrate data myself when I can give this job to Cart2Cart smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavidMadona

Total Posts:  6

To be honest, i wasted nearly 4 days of time getting this whole Mage_Osc installed on my website. and in the end, when it did, didnt work, always gave me some SQL 1045 error, access denied.. so WASTE OF TIME.. and so many drinks and bananas..

The easiest method i have found is:

1> Export a 1 product, 1 Category, 1 Customer and 1 Order individually from the Magento and save those four files as templates.

2> Went into Osc Php My Admin, and figured out which tables i need to join to produce the attributes required in the templates saved in step1. (you might need to run joins and few tables if you are planning to do complex thing, but if you do one thing at a time, EXCEL can be really helpful in allowing you to do some smart stuff which later you might end up wasting 100s of hours of time doing in Magento

3> Exported the result of the SQL from PHPMyAdmin to another Excelsheet.

4> Now is the tricky bit, Taking one column at a time from Excelsheet to templates and moved all my records in the template, applied default values in the columns i did not get from OSC. there will be one record which can be used as a reference.

6> and then imported all products into the Magento. I have 700 products, Took 3 hours to complete after really got pissed with OSC_Magento not been able to access the DB.

If you planning to do cats, you can do CATs first, but in this case you will have to import the OSC export into Magento PHPMyAdmin in the relevant format.

Hope this might help people whos trying hours and hours, just to get OSC_Migration Tool working and end up wasting too much time.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community