Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento SEO Recommendation

jamesrackard

Total Posts:  1

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a UK based SEO company that understands Magento (CE)?

I am looking for a company / individual that I can trust and that will get our site high up the Google rankings for a fair fee (and without long term contractual tie ins). We are trading in the competitive world of childrens toys and therefore need to make an impact on Google for some fairly competitive terms.

Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated,

Many Thanks

James

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jcuthbert

Total Posts:  23
Manchester

We are based in Manchester and work with CE on all our e-commerce projects so we can advise you on SEO and make changes proposed for the SEO strategy. We also do not belive in very long contract terms but you must obviously understand that realistic turnaround on an SEO project will take some time to see the benefits so we would impose a minimum period based on what your competing for.

Mention this forum when you get in touch.

Magento Community
Magento Community

violadav

Total Posts:  1

Please tell me about the advantages of Seo marketing.I am new into this and many of friends recommended me to go for this thing which will increase my customers.Any suggestions would be recommended.

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

Although this is old, the timing is good, Google have changed the rules. They are now working on a knowledge based approach rather than time based which most seo services and extensions use. The knowledge based approach takes advanced knowledge and filters it for each more detailed scenario, time based is a lot of detail that is trying to find the best combination.

How does this matter, as Google change over the coming months and years to knowledge based they can move much faster than services and extensions. They are looking for ‘top’ content in each class of website which can be measured in revenue per year or uniques per month. This means that any time based approaches will have a very short term boost if they are lucky, and weeks to months later their rankings will disappear again with the next update. Most current sites will see a gradual lowering of ranking, which already started this year.

The primary solutions to these are hosting (high quality), product counts, multi-national sites, high quality content/descriptions, and associations with the top sites using the same platform and environment. All other services and solutions will see an ever lower decline in their effectiveness as they will not be able to mitigate the Google changes using time based approaches.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageBright

Total Posts:  100

Hi

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/22176/

http://www.magebright.com/seo-checker.html

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community