Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Stores - Can’t bulk change prices on other website

XPC Design

Total Posts:  40

I split my store into 2 sites. I can change the prices for each site individually, it works. However, when I select multiple products and go to “Update Attributes”, the price that is editable there only affects the main (american) site and not the secondary (canadian) site.

I know that when I click “Update Attributes”, the page it takes me to no longer retains my settings as to what store I have selected, however when I change it to the secondary site, the price still will only change for the main site.

What am I doing wrong?

One thing I noticed is that when I pick my other store, I’m selecting the store view not the website from the drop-down menu, because it wont let me select the website. Price scope is set to “Website” as well. This seems like where the problem lies, but doesn’t do me any good. It won’t let me pick the website (only the store view) from the menu, and I cant set the price scope to store view. Anyone know whats wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

Anyone? I’m kind of stuck in a bind here.

Customer wants to update like 2000 product prices, but only can do them one by one for now…

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

Poke....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ronaldr

Total Posts:  124
California

Hmmmm i do it a different way.... I made a program to update straight to the database from a excel file....what database are you using ? is your price change list a excel file ?

pm or post if interested.

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

I’m just using the website. Check off what you want to edit, update attributes and change prices. I don’t have direct database access so I can’t do it like that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbrodie

Total Posts:  132
Philadelphia, PA

I’ve hit this issue too with 5k products…

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

If any dev’s are looking, this is a MAJOR setback for the store I was setting up for a client. The client can’t sell via her Canadian website until this issue is resolved. This is a very big problem to have, since she is located in Canada.

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

I believe this is fixed in the latest version :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

EmJaInteractive

Total Posts:  121
Charlotte, NC USA

Not sure if you still need a bulk price updater, but we released an extension and you should give it a try, it’s called Bulk Price Updater as you can find in our signature below.

This extension I made will allow you to change/adjust prices by percentage, fixed, or search and replace in bulk or by specific categories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

drazhar

Total Posts:  48

You can update prices for specific store using an CSV file

You need three columns,
Store Name, SKU, Price

And thats pretty much it. Run this from the Import/Export area.

I always select the shop that i want to update prices on, just in case, but i think that if you have the Store Name correct, it should only update that one

Here is an example from an csv of mine (this one has a title row as well)
store sku price
default 503679 241.97

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community