Magento Forum

Base url keep redirecting to old url even after editing path-var in database [SOLVED]

qwyrp

Total Posts:  39

Like most of us I have 2 magento stores: one for testing (url/magentotest/) and ‘the real stuff’ (url/magento). I succesfully updated to 1.4.2 and backing up so I can experiment on the test version. But the test version redirect to old url url/magento instead of the test-url (url/magentotest/)

Normally I solve this problem with the SQL-query SELECT * FROM core_config_data WHERE path = ‘web/unsecure/base_url’ OR path = ‘web/secure/base_url’; and replaced my [url/magento] with [url/magentotest]I and after cache-cleaning it usually workes. But in 1.4.2 it still redirects to url/magento and it seems that there’s another place/file where the base-url is set. Can somebody points me out wich file to change so my test-enviroment works properly

My local.xml was stil containing the old settings so after setting it my test settings al works wel !!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Spot the Cat

Total Posts:  5

I was running into the same issues and didn’t find some of the steps I had to do. So for anybody else…

1. Delete the var directory and make a new one with permissions 777.

2. Go to the shell directory and issue the command php compiler.php disable

3. Go to the tmp directory, (/tmp) and delete all the Zend files and the magento directory.

4. Go to the data base and issue the SQL query:
SELECT * from core_config_data WHERE path IN (’web/unsecure/base_url’, ‘web/secure/base_url’, ‘admin/url/custom’);
Then change to the current URL.

5 .Go to the database and issue these SQL queries:
UPDATE core_config_data SET value = 0 WHERE path = ‘dev/js/merge_files’;
UPDATE core_config_data SET value = 0 WHERE path = ‘dev/css/merge_css_files’;

6. Don’t forget to set your shipping and credit cards to their live URLS and turn on email.

This seemed to do it for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nimit8989

Total Posts:  8

Thanks a lot

These two UPDATE queries worked for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pucho

Total Posts:  1

I found that on creating a local copy on a windows box it is necessary to delete all the “mage--x” files in the var/cache directory of the local magento copy to get rid of the redirects

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community